sixteen

August 24th 1995
Song: Liability by Lorde
Summer child by Conan Gray
Mr lover man by Rick Montgomery
A different age by Current Joys
Song: everything I wanted by Billie Eilish
Circus by Britney Spears
This is why we can't have nice things by Taylor Swift
📍Clearwater Manor
OOTD:

August 24th 1995Song: Liability by Lorde Summer child by Conan GrayMr lover man by Rick Montgomery A different age by Current Joys Song: everything I wanted by Billie EilishCircus by Britney Spears This is why we can't have nice things by Taylor S...

Sometimes Astrid forgot Cedric was dead.

It seemed forced.

Like her mind would convince her even though she knew it deep down, course it happened often the first few weeks. Gradually she started to be so sure of it like it had been printed onto her heart the moment he stopped breathing. Still, now and than she would catch herself rushing to her writing desk with a parchment in hand, looking through her drawers for a fresh quill and ink. Some nights she wouldn't even write when she'd remember and on unfortunate events she would write her heart out; onto stacks of parchment, only to be reminded he was gone by the look her owl would give her when she urgently said his name.

She didn't know how, but even her pets knew he was dead.

It's like the world knew, every twig, every plant, even the wind carried the knowledge in every breeze, passing it from home to playgrounds back to homes

She would go on to rip apart the parchments, knowing her concerns wouldn't be answered or comforted.

He was no longer around to ease her pain

Astrid always wondered what happened to a wizards wand after they died. Would it snap in half? Give one last gust of magic before becoming dead wood? Or would it remain the same, and if it did remain the same would it work in the hands of another or did it just keep all its magic in it?

Amos kept Cedric's wand, so she never asked.

It felt weird, family events but without family.

It was the late afternoon of her sixteenth birthday, none of her friends, besides Hermione, stayed the night, insisting they were too busy with other things. She didn't want to celebrate her birthday, she used to like it when she was younger, when her mother would dress her up as a princess and dress up in a fancier dress herself. But she was older now, at the age where she hated herself and the attention.

Astrid had many fears in life, something she often talked about in her therapy sessions; from killing someone to snakes and being a traitor to her own friends to being watched and torn apart in-front of the whole world. Somethings that had happened before. She thought she was beginning to develop a fear of her own birthday. She was really just afraid of moving on.

Sixteen meant she was soon going to outlive Cedric, meant she was going to see the world as Elio did at sixteen when he left, sixteen was the age her aunt almost got murdered and she was sure something bad would happen soon too.

Astrid stepped into her home, every crevice and corner familiar to her. She enjoyed the peace and quiet their front lawn and backyard provided, with the plants and flowers. Often she would spend two hours watering the plants while she listened to music on her muggle iPod. Songs Sirius had recommended to her, she'd smile and agree whenever he claimed Bowie wrote songs about him;