Pawn

September 1st 1995, 8:39
📍Clearwater Manor
Song: Liar by Noah Cyrus
Happier than ever by Billie Eilish
Villains aren't born (they're made) by Peggy
OOTD:

September 1st 1995, 8:39📍Clearwater ManorSong: Liar by Noah Cyrus Happier than ever by Billie EilishVillains aren't born (they're made) by PeggyOOTD:

His death played in her head everyday, those same screams and dim lights, everyone's faces dropping  instantly as they watched, holding their breath.

Astrid hated the idea of being pitied, her father always said it was the worst thing someone could do to another. Pity them. Not that it was entirely a bad thing, it could be though, dehumanizing, shameful and usually came from bad intention. She thought he'd be used to it, after his whole family crumbled in deaths name, he probably should have been. But he wasn't, he wanted no one's pity, she assumed it made him feel weak.

The worst pity she had gotten was from none other than the mastermind behind all terrible things that happened at Hogwarts, not really, but she was sure he had a great part in it all. Right now, her fathers voice echoed in the overly large house as he argued back and forth with Molly Weasley and Remus Lupin over this deceitful man.

Astrid didn't want to think of him, even if he'd be sitting at their breakfast table when she went down, even though Jasper wanted nothing to do with him, Dumbledore was going to show up.

She ignored this feeling that rose in her chest at the thought of him and stretched her arms until she heard a popping nose from her shoulder. Leaving her room and climbing staircases, speed walking through hallways and slipping through doors to see what her younger brothers were up to on their first morning of school.

Her mother was stood behind Lorenzo, humming as she fixed up his usual messy curls with some magic gel, Jasper having abandoned the others to come record on his camera, stood in the tub to get the perfect shot of both mother and son, as he had done for his eldest two.

Lucille looked to her side and flashed Astrid a long smile, feeling full that her last child had grown so much and was now following the same path they all had taken.

"Whatever house" Lucille kissed Lorenzo's head, Nick lining up with Astrid to wait his turn "I'm so very proud of you both" she let Lorenzo go and took Nicks hand, allowing him to take his spot infront of her

Lorenzo stood infront of Astrid with a smile on his face, waiting for her to compliment him or tell him how grown he looked in the fancier pair of jeans he usually wore on dinners and birthdays and the light sweater he accidentally wore during the winter, almost freezing himself.

She pulled out a dark brown box from inside her pocket lazily, holding back from laughing at the excitement that started at the very tip of his head and carried to the soles of his feet.

Course he knew what it was, he had watched Astrid receive hers, only she kept hers as a souvenir she'd only wear on the specialist of occasions.

"As tradition" she placed the box in his hands, watching him admire the glossed leather and gold engraving of his initials "really proud of you bear, whatever happens, always remember the good in your heart and don't let anything interfere with it" she pressed two fingers against his chest where his heart was