B I R T H D A Y T E A R S

August 24th 1993
Song for this chapter: elastic heart piano version by sia
📍The kitchen

August 24th 1993Song for this chapter: elastic heart piano version by sia 📍The kitchen

Astrid woke up this morning earlier than usual

Astrid woke up this morning earlier than usual. It was her fourteenth birthday, meaning her and Harry would be celebrating together

She tiptoed across her room to the washroom. Since it was only eight in the morning, everyone was still asleep. She had only woken up early to make a birthday breakfast for everyone, including Harry and Lorenzo's favourite cookies. Although her mother always insisted on being the one to surprise her with a nice breakfast to start her day off, she liked to take charge of things—assuring her mother she would much rather cook for everyone else.

She opted for a bath this morning, since she showered the night before—running the bath water she went back to her room and picked up one of her favourite muggle books 'Pride and Prejudice'. She carefully got into her warm bath and relaxed into the water immediately.

After getting dressed in her favourite silk pyjamas, she quietly made her way down to the kitchen. Flipping through her grandmothers recipe book she finally found the recipe tagged in a blue flag, Lorenzos name written on it in swirly writing.

The page was titled 'chewy chocolate chip cookies' her grandmothers tiny writing very neatly printed. She gathered all her ingredients and went to preheat the oven, head turning back to the sound of footsteps. Down came a yawning Lorenzo in his PJ's and a teddy bear in his hands.

"Happy birthday" he said, giving her a tired smile

"Thank you bear, why're you up so early?" She asked, turning back to the oven

"I wanted to be the first to wish you happy birthday" he explained, sitting on one of the island stools.

Astrid smiled to herself, Lorenzo was always the last to wake up on her birthday every year. Helio being the first to wish her every birthday, but since he left—Lorenzo had made an effort to make sure she never felt the absence of her elder brother.

"I'm making yours and Harry's favourite cookies" Astrid told the boy

"Can I help?" Lorenzo piped, securing his teddy bear into the stool next to him