65 - Boyfriend Miles

Start from the beginning

“Eden, I love you,” I said, kissing her tenderly and feeling her turn to jelly in my arms. She can never stay mad at me for too long. “But you’re overthinking this.”

“I know I am, Miles. But this is a big deal to me.”

And it is. She explained it to me. She knows they never liked her previous couple boyfriends, and I know her family didn’t agree with her decision to call off her engagement to one of them. And as a result of all this, I know that her friends’ approval---primarily Wolfe’s---is all she wants.

“Do you trust me?” She rolled her eyes at me and I tightened my hold around her to avoid her slipping away. “Eden, do you trust me?”

“You know that I do, Miles,” she said, kissing the material covering my heart as she has since the first day we got together, and then looked back up at me.

“I promise, I won’t fuck this up, okay?” I reassured her, though it had minimal effect.

“I’m not worried about you. I’m worried about him,” she said, referring presumably to Wolfe. “He’s pig-headed and irrationally overprotective of me.”

“Oh, I know. Better than anyone, trust me. I’ve been on the receiving end of his constant apprehension whenever I’ve been around you or mentioned your name since I first saw your kooky ass laughing at me on the other side of the road,” I said, leaning down to kiss her collarbone, which usually relaxes her a treat, buttering her up for my next comment in the hopes I don’t get annihilated in return. “Between the two of you, I’m surrounded by stubborn asses in all directions.”

She did not look impressed.

“I was joking… kind of,” I teased, not quite prepared but absolutely expecting her twisting attack on my nipples in retaliation. “Ouch! Keep that up, babe, and you’ll turn me on.”

“I don’t doubt it. Everything turns you on!”

“You say that like it’s a bad thing that I want you,” I said, leaning in to kiss her softly. “And that you’re any better than I am.”

“It is a bad thing when you get me worked up before people come over,” she said, a cheeky gleam in her eyes that tells me she wouldn’t mind calling the evening off.

I kissed her again, my hands starting to explore her body, because I really can’t help myself when she looks at me like this. “Miles, they’re going to be here soon,” she protested lightheartedly before grabbing my neck and pulling me closer to her to deepen our kiss.

She moaned in my mouth about the same time a familiar voice cried, “What in the ever living fuck is going on here?!” from the doorway, Eden having sadly not locked it when we got back from the supermarket with the ingredients for tonight's dinner.

Busted. Eden and I are busted, and my hopes for a quiet, slow introduction to the idea of me dating his sister are unfortunately over considering my hand was up her shirt, my thumb and forefinger gently squeezing her nipple, and my lips definitely locked with hers at the precise moment we both heard Wolfe’s voice.

Fuck.

“Surprise?!” Luna piped in, following Wolfe inside and trying her best not to laugh.

“You didn’t tell him?!” Eden cried, pushing me away from her, pulling the lace of her bra back over her breast underneath her shirt and getting her dishevelled hair in order from when my hands were in and grabbing it not ten seconds prior. She’s returned to pre-make out anxiety levels, and with how Wolfe is looking at us now, I can’t say I blame her.

Luna. That bloody sneak. I knew there was something wrong with Wolfe not immediately calling me or rocking up to the gym or my house after Luna went home from brunch a couple days ago.