65 - Boyfriend Miles

- MILES -

“I can’t do this.”

Eden’s in major panic mode.

“You can, and you will,” I challenged her.

“That’s easy for you to say,” she replied, pacing the length of her kitchen and back over and over.

“How is this any easier for me than it is for you, Eden?”

She stumbled on her reply, hopefully knowing how ridiculous she’s being. “Well... I mean, it just is.”

I rolled my eyes at her. If anyone should be worried, it’s me. Despite the boldness of greeting Eden so affectionately at brunch the other day, coming face-to-face with Wolfe for the first time since learning about Eden and I dating is a whole other ball game. I was almost completely certain that I was going to get a call immediately after leaving, presuming that Luna wouldn’t hesitate to fill him in the very second I turned to leave. Saying that, she was crying a lot, so perhaps she had some more pressing emotions to deal with before speaking with her soon-to-be husband because I haven't heard a peep from Wolfe at all.

“It will be fine,” I said, not believing it fully myself, but trying for her sake to pretend like I do. One or both of us needs to calm down or this really will be the disaster she’s working herself up to think it will be. I’m hoping to get through this dinner in one piece after all: the formal meeting of the girlfriends’ friends.

She shook her head at me. “I know you don’t believe that, Miles,” she said, not buying my fake confidence any more than I did. She knows me well by now. “I want them to love you.”

“They already do, Eden,” I said cockily, though knowing well enough that they do. “You do realise the only one that I’m less familiar with is River, and that’s simply by way of him being only a few months old. I’ve even met Mason a couple times, before I even started dating you.”

“They love you as Miles: their client and friend. They don’t know you as Miles: my boyfriend.”

“And what’s the difference exactly? Both versions are, in actuality, the very same person: me.”

Eden shook her head again. “That’s not true. Client and Friend Miles is different to Boyfriend Miles, who is a giant flirt, has his hands up my shirt or in my pants at all available opportunities, and talks dirtier than anyone I’ve known at inappropriate decibel levels. Do I need to remind you about how mortified I was when I met your parents for the first time as they walked in to find me still dripping in a bath towel in the kitchen after you coaxed me out of your bath by stripping and teasing me and remaining just out of reach while stroking your own dick right in front of me.”

“I was there, sweetheart,” I said, stepping towards her and enveloping her in my arms, trying to get her to stop moving and calm down. “I actually think I can still hear the specific tone and volume of the ear-piercing screech that came forth from your mouth. My poor parents still complain of permanent hearing loss.

"And besides, I don’t know why you were the one embarrassed. There I was, stark naked, erect cock out on full display when the door opened, you let go of it so quickly it bounced up and down like a bloody spring, screeched like a banshee and bolted into the bedroom, leaving me completely exposed in front of my parents.”

She tried to move away from me, feigning annoyance with me. I’ve effectively compartmentalised that trauma of getting caught in the act by my parents at the ripe old age of thirty-one, and my parents don’t complain about anything to do with Eden. In fact, they probably love her more than they do me already and still laugh about that first meeting whenever the opportunity presents itself.