29 - You couldn't take your eyes off her

- MILES -

When Wolfe texted me last night asking if I could pull a few strings and open up a space in the morning boxing class with Grayson for Eden because he was worried about her safety while dating losers, I simultaneously celebrated and lamented that she's already going out on dates in Byron.

I gave Grayson a call immediately and said there'd be an extra person in the class, and apologised for bypassing the wait list without talking to him. He asked who, I said a good friend of Wolfe's who he obviously knows, and that it was for self-defence.

He wasn't about to argue knowing it was for a woman needing to keep herself safe. Especially seeing as she's apparently happy going to a class made up exclusively of men. Typically when it comes to classes like this, at least around these parts, most of the women wanting this kind of training prefer to stick to their own and go to Calista’s classes instead, so this actually only seeks to increase my intrigue. A woman who is confident enough to head into a boxing class made up of a bunch of big and burly dudes.

I spent so long thinking about finally being able to see her again and hopefully finally interact with her that I couldn't get to sleep. I tried everything. Reading, music, jacking off, which was a pretty easy one to do given I couldn’t stop picturing Eden in her shorts, boots and a sweaty shirt, pounding away at a heavy bag. My fantasies are basic, sue me.

I finally drifted off sometime around two a.m. only to be woken a few short hours later by my alarm which I snoozed a few too many times due to the exhaustion, and ended up being a few minutes late to the class myself. I felt like a major asshole for it too, especially seeing as I added another person to Grayson’s class last minute, and wasn't even there to welcome her. Not that she knows who I am yet or my role in all this. That might actually have been pretty awkward now I think about it.

What wasn’t awkward---for me at least---was watching Eden checking me out in the mirror when I finally got there. If I had to hazard a guess, I’d say she was mid-argument with Wolfe at the time considering how drawn together her eyebrows were and tight her jaw was. Both softened into shock when she looked at me and did the double take, presuming in recognition of who I am. We see each other around often enough walking our dogs that it’s not unlikely that she would recognise me here.

What was perhaps even more ego-fuelling was the way she was watching me. Like she liked what she saw now she could see it much more closely. Her eyes raked up and down my body, pausing briefly on my arms before tracing their way down my legs and back up to my face, and I was applauding myself for being rewarded for my strategic choice of wearing the shortest shorts I own and an arguably flattering cut out singlet. I have actual clothes to change into after I shower following this class, but this outfit was designed to hopefully capture her attention, and it feels so good that it has, even more so with the pink colouring creeping into her cheeks.

Smirking to myself, I apologised to Grayson, who brushed it off without a hint of the annoyance he should have with me right now for interfering with his class list and coming in late. I’ll make it up to him later; but for now, I’m far too distracted by Eden being here in high-waisted bike shorts and one of those girly sports crop top things. An outfit that leaves almost nothing to the imagination, and is bound to cause me some rather embarrassing issues while trying to focus on this class, which was next to impossible with Eden so near to me, and so frequently looking my way, which she is. Often.

I don’t miss it because my eyes have decided there’s nothing more worthy to look at than her, and they’re right of course. She’s so fucking gorgeous. There’s no way she doesn’t know how stunning she is, but there’s just an air of nonchalance in her every movement that I’m not convinced she actually knows the pull she has on men and probably a bunch of women as well.