46 - Pigs in shit

- EDEN -

Nella and I have been so busy baby-shower planning in our time off work that I’ve not had a chance to even think about what I’m going to do with Austin, let alone make an actual decision, so things have just been carrying on as they were. Dinner, drinks, copious amounts of sex, sleepovers.

And despite it being my birthday today, I volunteered to stay and close at work considering Luna had another late birthing class, and poor Nella was so exhausted that she was practically falling asleep standing up.

So, it was just me and Heath now waiting for his last appointment of the day, who I had tasked with doing some final laundry while I was going through the appointments for tomorrow and sending out reminder texts to everyone. He complained a little, claiming if he missed the experience of watching this particular client walking in with the "glow of the setting sun on his supple skin" he might kill me, and when I saw who the client was, I stopped being mad at him for his threat against my life because it made all the sense in the world.

Miles was bending over in his shorts and a singlet to tie Echo up to the sign pole just outside the front of our shop. He turned and opened the glass door to walk inside, halting briefly when he first caught my eye and recognised me, and I’ve gotta say, I would have killed me too. He looks damn good with the setting sun creeping down on the horizon behind him.

"Eden?" he said, walking slowly over to the reception area I was currently occupying, apparently unable to move for fear of all the drool accumulating in my mouth in watching my very hot friend walk into my place of work like he’s been here a thousand times before. He looked me up and down, pausing briefly over both my bare legs and chest given the more-than-my-usual cleavage resulting from the strapless push up bra required to be worn with this particular burgundy halter dress I bought as a birthday present to myself from the local boutique down the road. "You look really… nice, but what are you doing here?"

"I work here," I finally said after swallowing, wondering how on earth this has never come up between us in all the time I've known him. "Started around the time I moved back at the end of last year." 

He grinned at me, small at first but it grew once I could convince the muscles in my face to offer the same gesture back to him. It took a little longer than usual, and if the heat I'm feeling both between my thighs and in my cheeks is anything to go by, my face is turning a ridiculous shade of pink because of it, and I don’t quite understand why he’s affecting me so much today. I’ve seen his hot ass fill out this same pair of shorts a bunch of times now, and I’ve struggled to restrain from licking the sweat off those gorgeous arms just as many too.

"Well, shit. I'd have come in for a haircut sooner if I had known you would be here," he said with another smile, a coyish-feeling smile that has apparently made me forget that I'm rather fluent in the English language after thirty-three years exactly of speaking it, unable to give him a reply to what I could only interpret as him flirting with me again for the first time in months since he learned I was dating Austin. He hasn’t said or done a single provocative thing since that day he asked me out for a drink, and I don’t know what’s changed to bring it back today, but I’m a little startled by my glad reaction to it and how much I’m coming to realise I’ve missed it.

"Why, hello there, you gorgeous thing!" chimed Heath loudly when he emerged from the laundry room out back, his voice even more bubbly than usual. He must really have a thing for Miles. The boy has good taste.

"Heath, a pleasure as always," he chuckled, holding out his hand for Heath to shake, who ignored it and went straight in for the hug and kiss on each cheek. The left one twice. He's just so Heath it's hard not to love him, and I'm guessing Miles is familiar with Heath's Heathness as he just kept smiling and allowed the boy to do his thing.