62 - Stupid, drunk fingers

- EDEN -

Three months later.

We girls have headed to Carley's bachelorette party at a club in Gold Coast while their men are at home this evening watching River. Wolfe and Mason offered to drive us all and pick us up so we could make it a big one and have a few drinks seeing as Luna hasn't been out since having River, but Nella insisted on driving and not interrupting River's sleep routine. She's been quite sick lately so isn't really feeling up to a big night, but was happy to chauffeur Luna and I around.

Once Luna had pumped all there was to pump from her boobs, she had pulled out her uncle's vintage vino from her collection and we managed to down a few glasses before heading out, making the long trip north towards our destination. I think most of the other girls coming tonight drove up last night and are staying the weekend, but neither Luna, Nella or myself felt the need to do the same. We haven't remained as close to these girls as we have each other over the years, and realistically we're just looking forward to a fun night out with each other. This just provided us with an occasion to do it.

"Oh, he is such a handsome little thing," said Carley, looking through Luna's very extensive photo collection of River when she and some of the other girls squealed for a peek at him. 

"Aren't you worried about the baby being at home with Wolfe without you? I know when I had my first I could barely leave her for a minute without feeling bad," she asked Luna, who almost choked on her wine with disgust when she registered what was being asked of her, which was basically, 'Do you trust your partner with their own child?'

"Oh, no. I have complete faith in Wolfe to just do his job as Riv's father. If I didn't, I'd never have had a baby with him in the first place. He's an amazing dad, and he knows what to do," she said, trying her best to keep the annoyance from her tone, which was thankfully masked by the slur of her drunkenness. She’s one of those overly happy-seeming drunks. Imagine actually having to worry about whether your partner can take care of your child while you're out for a few hours.

After that, Luna, Nella and I mostly just stuck to ourselves, trying different cocktails---Luna and I at least---and dancing. We used to do this kind of thing heaps when we were younger before I moved to Melbourne, but it's a rare occurrence nowadays with our evolving lives.

I felt my phone vibrate in my bra, where I've been keeping it to make sure I don't drop and lose it somewhere, as I am prone to do when I’ve had a couple drinks.

Miles: On a scale of 1 to that time you thought it would be a good idea to try to out-drink me---a man at least four times your body weight in pure muscle---on an empty stomach, how much fun are you having?

Even the mention of his body via text makes me want him. More so because I know that's why he purposely added that bit in. He knows how instantly primed I am to welcome him into me whenever my hands explore the zero body fat on him. He’s just too sexy.

Eden: None. I miss you.

Miles: Haha! Aw, you really must be drunk to be saying that.

I am, and that's a fair call by him. I've been actively avoiding as many conversations regarding emotions as I can. I miss him constantly when he's not around, and I hate how out of control my heart feels around him. It terrifies me---wanting someone as much as I do Miles that I feel as though my life will be irreparably damaged if for some reason he were to not be in it, or even just not feel the same way. It's why I haven't told him I love him, even though I love him more than I ever thought myself capable of. I want to tear my heart out of my own chest and throw it at him to make him see how much of himself lies inside it. Ask him to take some of it back because it feels like it's more his than mine every day that goes by.