Chapter 46

Chapter 46 End of text

    "What did you say?" Ruan Yan asked in disbelief.

    "The frontiers were victorious, and the foreigners were defeated. I heard that those tribes sent people to the capital to discuss peace, saying that they were willing to be vassals from generation to generation and pay tribute and pay taxes. General Xiao will return to Beijing to report his duties soon. We can reach the capital." Ye Jiayu repeated what he had just said.

    Before Ruan Yan could speak, Chunfang, who was sitting beside the small fire, spoke first: "Great! This is really good news. I want to come to the capital to be lively again this year, and it is estimated that many non-local people will come to watch the fun. ." The

    victory at the border is indeed excellent news. When Xiao Heng returns to Beijing to report his duties, there will be no shortage of rewards from today's saints.

    "Yeah, that's great. After conquering those foreigners, the people at the border can live better. You don't have to worry about foreigners coming to burn, kill, and loot every year, and there are also fewer pitiful things such as family ruin and separation of wives." Ruan A faint smile appeared on the face of the rouge, and the voice was soft and slow.

    When the two people in the room heard this, they agreed.

    Although they have never seen the evil things done by the barbarians, they have always heard of them. From time to time, they can see some people who have escaped. They are ragged and skinny, and they can only hang with one breath.

    Every winter, wealthy people in the capital will open porridge sheds, two meals a day.     As a powerful family, Xiao Mansion naturally cooks porridge every year. Chunfang has also been there once. Seeing those poor homeless people, she couldn't bear it, and she was so uncomfortable that she couldn't eat for many days.     "Is there any exact news about when General Xiao will return?" Ruan Yan asked casually.     Ye Jiayu shook his head: "No, it's just that it should be coming soon." Hearing     this, Ruan Yan felt a sense of loss in her heart, but she didn't show it on her face and didn't tell the two of them to see it.

    "Miss Ruan, every year when the master comes back, he will send someone to send a message in advance. Since it is said that the master will arrive in the capital in a few days, the letters that you want to send back will be received in two days, and you will be able to know the master at that time. The specific day to return home."

    Chunfang fiddled with the charcoal fire in the small stove to make it burn more thoroughly, and added new charcoal in, so as not to let the stove go out because the charcoal fire was exhausted. Listening to the conversation of the two distinguished guests in the room, I answered at the right time.

    Ruan Rou coughed lightly, and answered "Okay" inaudibly, and then lowered her head to drink tea, lest Ye Jiayu, who was sharp-eyed, see her slightly hot face.

    In winter, the days are short and the nights are long, the house is warm, and there is no one to control Ruan Yan. She sleeps until she wakes up naturally every day. Chunfang does things properly. After she washes up, she can eat hot meals. The meat she lost in the month was raised again, and she was even a little plumper than before.

    Just when Ruan Yan was thinking about whether she should go out for a walk, Chunfang was overjoyed and hurried into the house.

    "Miss Ruan, the master will be back in five days." As soon as

    Chunfang stepped into the house, the voice entered her ears first.

    A cold air drifted in from the outside, and Dong Xue burrowed into Ruan Yan's nose with a faint plum fragrance, which reminded her of the smell of Xiao Heng. It was also so cold, light and long, unforgettable.