Chapter 36

Chapter 36 Honey Fried Kumquats

    This "Honey Fried Kumquat" was a bit of work to make, so Ruan Yan asked Ye Zhao to help him and cook something for General Xiao to fill his stomach, while he concentrated on making this dessert.

    The things you need to make "honey fried kumquats" are not complicated, a small bowl of sweet wine, half a catty of sugar, and a few taels of honey.

    Remove the handle of the kumquat, dry it after washing, and use a knife to engrave the rice flower at one end, and do not cut halfway when engraving.

    Sweet wine must be filtered with gauze to remove the rice grains, leaving only the liquor. Put the kumquats in a porcelain pot, pour in the sweet wine, bring to a boil over high heat, and then turn to medium heat to make a cup of tea.

    Take out the kumquat from the fence, wait for the kumquat to dissipate the heat, pick out the core from the knife edge, flatten it with the palm of your hand, and squeeze out the excess water.

    The sweet wine of boiled kumquats has a strong citrus aroma. It is served in a soup cup. It is a delicious sweet drink. It is good to drink it warm or add ice cubes to make an ice drink.

    After the kumquats brought by General Xiao were processed, there were only about a pound left. Add four or two sugars, mix well and marinate for half an hour.

    Add an appropriate amount of honey water to the pot, bring it to a boil on high heat, turn down the heat to low heat, boil the kumquats for more than a quarter of an hour, and then pick it up with a fence.

    This is the first process of honey frying. Kumquats will precipitate a lot of water, and the sugar water in the pot is still filled with soup cups, which can be used as sweet drinks.

    After that, put the kumquats into the cleaned porcelain pot again, pour 2 taels of sugar and 2 taels of honey, and mix them carefully.

    Simmer for a quarter of an hour, turning occasionally to prevent sticking to the pan. Wait for the sugar juice to thicken and pour out, so this "Honey Fried Kumquat" is ready.

    In the kitchen, the sweet aroma of honey and sugar suppressed the aroma of other dishes.

    Ding Wenxing smacked his tongue secretly while watching it. He didn't like sweet food in his hometown, and it was the first time he had seen food cooked with honey.

    Ruan Yan looked at the "Honey Fried Kumquat" that was out of the pot, and looked quite satisfied. The color was golden red, glowing brightly, and it was of good quality.

    I took one of my chopsticks and put it in a small bowl. After it was cool, I put it in my mouth to try the taste.

    Tangerine is rich in aroma, sweet and glutinous. After two times of decoction, the sourness of kumquats is completely dissipated, leaving only the rich sweet aroma, but not too greasy.

    Taking out a plate from the large porcelain bowl, Ruan Yan instructed Ye Zhao to find a dry porcelain vase, put the kumquat and sugar liquid together, and let Xiao Heng take it with him when he leaves.

    Glancing at Sister Tian's anxious look on the side, her heart softened, and she took a small bowl and distributed it to everyone, one for each, to have a taste.

    This idea of ​​"fried kumquats with honey" should be counted as the processing fee for General Xiao, shouldn't it be too much?

    Ruan Yan walked to the lobby with a plate of "Honey Fried Kumquats". Ye Zhao, who was only addicted to his mouth, played the sugar water for boiling kumquats and planned to make some sweet drinks to satisfy their cravings.