Chapter 2

Chapter 2 Systems

    "Master Ruan did not die at the hands of thieves."

    Xiao Heng moved the only chair in the room and sat down facing Ruan Yan, his expression did not fluctuate at all.

    "Oh?" Ruan Yan's expression did not change, and she responded lightly, only the end of the voice rose slightly, signaling Xiao Heng to continue.

    When she first wore this body, she was shocked by the complex emotions in her heart, some unwillingness, resentment, and self-blame...

    After reading the original owner's memory, Ruan Yan guessed that the original owner's father's death was not simple. , the original owner should also have discovered something, so there is such a strong emotion that it cannot be completely dissipated even after death.

    Occupying other people's body, although not intentional, but this kind of favor is owed. Ruan Yan didn't like to owe favors to others. He wanted to slowly figure out the truth of the matter and give an explanation to the original owner, but he didn't expect the general to come. Isn't it a coincidence?

    As the leader of the border, there was a vicious murder case in which a bandit killed an official of the court on his own territory. Taking ten thousand steps back, even if it is to give an explanation to the court, it has to be checked clearly.

    "Miss Ruan should know why Ling Zun was relegated to this place?"     Ruan

    Yan raised her eyebrows, wondering what the General Xiao did when he mentioned this, "What is the connection between this matter and the cause of my father's death?"

The prince is arrogant and arrogant, rumors that the crown prince will be re-established today are getting stronger and stronger, and Ling Zun has always been a supporter of the prince's enthronement."

    Xiao Heng did not answer Ruan Yan, as if he just asked casually.

    "The imperial examination fraud case at the beginning of the year, the prince's faction felt that something was wrong, and they have been secretly investigating. Not long ago, there was a little sign, and something happened to your father."

    "Miss Ruan, why do you think Ling Zun died?"

    Xiao Heng leaned against the back of the chair, folded his hands, looked at Ruan Yan's peach blossom eyes that were even more agile than before, and asked a question.

    When he came to Ruan's mansion, he had seen this lady Ruan from a distance. At the time, he only thought that she was a demure lady of the official family. When he met again later, she looked like she was sick and died soon.

    Unexpectedly, seeing him today made him a little impressed.

    Xiao Heng has made it very clear that the original owner's father was the "chicken" used by the Second Prince and his party to kill chickens and warn monkeys. They used the original owner's father's life to warn the prince's faction not to investigate further, otherwise more people would die as a result.

    As for why the original owner was operated on, the reason is very simple. A rank seven petty official with no backer behind him, still working in a poor place like the border gate, was accidentally killed by a few "thieves", isn't it normal?

    After all, poor mountains and bad waters make troublesome people, and if you want to blame it, you can only blame the original owner's own bad luck.

    After learning the cause and effect from Xiao Heng's mouth, Ruan Rou felt the emotion in her heart that did not belong to her, changed from unwilling resentment to sadness, and perhaps a little thanks, and then gradually dissipated...