I do as I’m told and a few minutes later the pressure is relieved.

“Okay, I’m done. I’ll write a prescription for you for Yaz, which I give to all my teens and young adults because it helps treat small cases of acne. I’ll give the prescription to your mother and you can start taking it as early as tomorrow. Now if your STD results come back clean, still have your partner wear a condom because the pill does not protect you from STDs. I’ll go ahead and leave now so you can get dressed.”

I remove my legs from the hooks and sit up. I ask the doctor how long it will take for the results to come back for the STD test. I am now nervous since Emery didn’t use a condom on Saturday.

“Normally a week but we’ve got a great lab here so I should have the results before the end of this week.”

I thank her and she leaves the room so I can get dressed. I walk out to the waiting room. My mom stands when I come out and she tells me she has the prescription so we can go.

“Good news, I’m not pregnant.” I smile to my mother and I can see her breathe a sigh of relief.

“Please make me a promise that you finish college and not even think about babies until you’re married.” she tells me as we get in her car.

“I promise.” I tell her and she kisses my cheek before starting the engine and driving me to school.

She drops me off ten minutes before the bell is to ring for our first class. I spot Emery and Garrett’s cars in the parking lot. I pull out my phone and text Emery to let him know I was outside. Within a few minutes Emery comes out of the school and scoops me up in a hug.

“How’d it go?” he asks me when he puts me on my feet.

“Well, I’m not pregnant.” I smirk at him.

“We’ve got plenty of time for kids later.” he smirks back at me.

I just laugh at him while shaking my head. “I start taking the bills tomorrow so we definitely won’t have to worry about kids anytime soon.”

He nods. “What doctor did you go to?”

“Oh, my mom has a doctor she goes to on Wright Street.” I tell him.

“Cool, so we need to make plans to hook up tomorrow since I don’t have practice.” Emery states while pulling me close to him.

I smile at him while pushing away from him. “We’ll talk about that later. Let’s get to class. I give him a kiss and we head inside the building.

NOELLE’S POV

I overheard Amber and Emery talking before heading inside school. I had to do something to get them to break up so I can make my move. I was not going to let some girl who barely knew him have him. I spent three years of my life with Emery and that was not for nothing.

An idea came to me and I knew the perfect thing to do to break them up. There was no way their relationship would survive this!

I go into the building and head to my first class to start the day. I couldn’t wait until the end of the day so I could get my plan in motion.

I had four out of six classes with Emery and throughout each class I kept throwing smiles in his directions. He asked me what was going through my mind but of course I wasn’t going to tell him.

The final bell rang for the day and I rushed out of the building. I got into my car and I remember Amber telling Emery she went to a doctor on Wright Street and I punch in the info into my GPS and it leads me right to the doctor’s office.

I park in the back and get out of my car. I creep around the back and see a guy exit the back and I call for him to hold the door for me.

“Umm, do you work here? Where’s your ID?” he asks me.

“Oh, I forgot it. Actually I’m new.” I lie and bat my eyelashes in a persuasive manner.

He nods. “Yeah I forgot my ID so many times. You work in the lab? It’s about time they got another tech.”

I nod. “Yeah. Can you show me where it is? I’ll get lost.”

He nods once again. “Yeah, follow me.”

We go into the building and I can’t believe how easy this was. He shows me to the lab and I thank God that no one else is inside. I thank him and he asks me out for dinner. I tell him I will to be nice and I give him an old friend’s number from back home who I can’t stand anymore and give him her name.

He leaves the room and I close the door and lock it. I grab one of the lab coats in case someone has a key and interrupts me during my scheme to break up Amber and Emery. I search the lab for Amber’s information. I know she had to have a pap smear before getting birth control because I had to go through the same thing about a few days ago before I moved.

I made a dumb decision to sleep with this guy I barely knew without a condom and he gave me an STD. Let’s see how Amber will handle knowing Emery gave her one! She would surely dump him and if she didn’t she was dumber than I conceived her to be.

I took Amber’s file and threw away the paper requesting lab work to be done. I reached into my purse and pulled out my recent test results. I ripped off the top of the page with my info on it and added them to her file. I smiled to myself as I went to the shredder in the room and placed Amber’s paperwork through it.

I hear some footsteps approaching and I quickly rush to the door, unlock it and dart out. I see a female doctor head into the lab.

“Tommy!” she screams.

A guy in a lab coat similar to the one I’m wearing runs inside the room.

“You already got the results for Amber Richard’s pelvic exam? That was fast.”

“What? No, it was on my list but I haven’t gotten around to it. There’s like a dozen reports before hers that I have to run.”

“Hmm, well it’s here and….oh my! I guess I need to call her about these results and quickly.”

I smile wider and rush out of the doctor’s office. Soon Amber and Emery would be history and he would be all mine!