Chapter Sixty Five

When I spot Grayson in deep conversation with Jordan, I lure Brody over to the bar to question him about Delilah, who is conveniently now sat at the other end of the private booth

When I spot Grayson in deep conversation with Jordan, I lure Brody over to the bar to question him about Delilah, who is conveniently now sat at the other end of the private booth. Thankfully—given how busy it is—Grayson hasn't spotted her yet.

     "Woah steady on girl!" Brody slurs. "What will Grayson think of you leading me away like this?" I catch his cocky one sided smile, but it doesn't ease my anger.

     "Brody, what is Delilah doing here?" I ask firmly.

Brody looks over to the woman, then back at me. "She knows a lot of the guys, and she just turned up to Jack's Cellar last week. We hadn't seen her in ages. It's kinda weird how she's suddenly back you know?"

    "Yeah, convenient," I mutter.

    "Hey!" Brody smiles and snakes his arm around my waist. "Chill. Have a drink with me. She and Grayson are in the past."

I sigh and give into the pornstar martini that Brody orders for me. "Not according to her," I say as I sip the lethal drink. "She said they kissed last week."

Brody raises his eyebrows. "They did?"

I shake my head, my vision somewhat distorted. "It's just what she said. I don't know whether to believe her or not."

     "Oh," Brody brings his beer to his lips. "Gee I'm sorry Mia that sucks big time."

With his arm still around my waist, I feel him grip me tighter. His ashy blonde hair is illuminated a deep blue colour under the lights, and for some reason I don't seem to care when his lips graze against my warm cheek.

     "I'm sorry Mia," he groans. "If it's true then I don't know how Grayson could do that to someone so beautiful."

I place my arm on the bar to steady myself, my heart racing at what feels like an unhealthy rate. I hate that every time I close my eyes I can almost picture Grayson kissing that evil woman. I hate that there's even some doubt over whether he'd stay loyal to me or not.

I hate that she's here.

     "Come on baby," Brody moans into my ear. "Let's take you somewhere else. Out of sight from her."

At that point I turnaround, and the sight of Delilah grazing her hands down Grayson's shoulders from behind is enough to pummel me into a full on frenzy.

With hazy eyes, I watch them. I watch Grayson's shocked face at the sight of his ex girlfriend behind him, the look of mischief on hers as she bends down, her breasts pushing against the back of his neck and the way her plump lips brush against his ear as she says something to him.

The anger inside of me is something else completely. I want to run at her and throw her to the floor. I want to run and grab Grayson and ask what the hell's going on.

I want to run away completely.

    "Come on," Brody says into my ear. "They're just drunk. We all are."