Chapter Thirty Nine

As I sit into Grayson's Mercedes, all I can think is how much I've missed it

I've missed the feel of the leather against my skin; I've missed how the city flies past the window in a obscurity of lights; I've missed watching Grayson, driving with so much ease that he makes it look easy.

But most of all, I've just missed Grayson.

Looking over to him, I can't help but smile. Despite everything else tonight, I'm just too happy to be in his presence again. Too happy that I can't tear my eyes away from him as he drives so effortlessly.

      "This feels so good," Grayson says, his hand not having left my thigh the whole journey. "You've no idea how much I've missed this."

Ha. No idea? Does he realise how much his absence from my life emotionally, physically and mentally ripped me to a thousand little shreds? No, he probably doesn't. He doesn't realise that as much as I tried to pick up the pieces, I always failed. There was always a few stray pieces that I couldn't find, because they belonged to him.

Back at Grayson's apartment, I rush inside, too high to even take in the surroundings as I leap to Grayson's body, his hands catching onto the bottom of my thighs.

The way he touches me is intoxicating—beyond compare.

"I love you Grayson. I really love you."

With a sharp breath, I rest my forehead to his, giddy on the heat that emits from his body. At long last, the fire that only Grayson can light flames inside of me. My jaw aches because I can't stop smiling, and my fingers can barely believe that they're dragging through Grayson's silky hair again after so long.

"I love you too. So fucking much. I'm so sorry for everything," he says, his teeth nibbling my lip.

My thumb strokes Grayson's cheek, memorising every indent, every curve. He's just as I remembered. He still wears the chain that I love, his watch is still clasped around his wrist and he still looks phenomenal in a hoodie.

It may have only been a month—nearly two—,but to me it felt like a lifetime.

"You don't need to be sorry," I whisper. "You just need to be here with me. In this moment. And always."

With a nod, Grayson lowers me to the bed; the bed that I probably missed the most out of this whole apartment. I forgot how soft it was; I forgot how my head felt like it was free-falling when it sunk into the pillow.

And I forgot how breathtakingly stunning that view was from outside of the window.

"I never want to let you go again," Grayson purrs, peeling the dress from my body with no struggle whatsoever.

"Then don't," I say, unfazed but dizzy from my emotions. "Don't leave me again."

Moving his mouth to my stomach, Grayson trails his tongue down to my pelvis, stopping when the lining of my knickers breaks his mission. Curling his fingers under the hem, he shifts them downward, my eyes closed as the sensation of being completely vulnerable under Grayson's touch again spirals my cells out of control.