Chapter Sixty Four

"Trust me, these heels are killer and you'll slay on the dancefloor

"Trust me, these heels are killer and you'll slay on the dancefloor."

"Slay?" I ask Hailey disapprovingly, eyeing the gold stilettos she holds out in front of me, the sheer size of the heel making my feet hurt already.

She rolls her eyes. "It means you'll kill it, you know? Make everyone jealous."

I sigh. "They're far too high. I'll break my ankle."

     "Mia you're going to one of London's biggest underground clubs!" Hailey shrieks. "Do you want to look drop dead gorgeous or not?"

I eye her suspiciously. "You've been there?"

"Well duh! I am a university student you know."

"Of course."

Accepting Hailey's offer of her stupidly high gold stilettos along with the sleek black dress I picked out, I venture to the edge of the street and flag down the Uber that's coming my way.

     "Now remember," Hailey says as she waits next to me in only her dressing gown. "Don't accept drinks off strangers and keep with Grayson at all times. That club is just as big as Plasma. Oh, and the toilets feel like a million miles away so make sure you familiarise yourself with them."

I swallow what feels like a hundred times over. "Okay got it."

     "Oh and steady on the martinis too." My best friend sends me a wink, to which I roll my eyes and giggle.

With my nerves shattering every part of my body, I enter the Uber and rest my head against the cold of the car window as I head straight to Trafalgar Square.

Grayson is already messaging me asking when I'll be there, and I almost feel bad for him that I've told him it'll just be him and I tonight.

Still, I'm sure he'll love the party once he's there.

I'm here I text once I leave the Uber.

     "Oh I know, and don't you look fucking gorgeous."

I can't help but smile. Next to me, Grayson boasts a smart shirt and jeans, and yet another pair of new, crisp white trainers. The smell of his aftershave always brings me comfort, not to mention how good that silver watch always looks around his wrist.

     "We'll you've got eyes like a hawk," I state sarcastically as I watch the Uber drive off, loving how Grayson's long arm curls around my lower back.

With his lips close to my neck, he says, "Well you wouldn't let me pick you up, so the least I can do is keep my eye on who's bringing my girlfriend into the city."

I bite my lip to stifle a smile. "Because we're letting our hair down tonight. I don't want you to drive."

     "You know I don't drink all that much."