An Alliance-Maximus

The room falls quiet as everyone turns to stare at me. I still cant even hide how pissed I am at the situation. These people shouldn't even be here. Yet they stand here making demands of us. The whole clan is feeling the loss of our alpha. For me its more than them. For over a decade I have stood by his side. I was more than just an errand boy. He meant something to me. I never truly understood the concept of family until I realized that he was gone. Its nothing that I would ever say to his face, however.

The prisoner. We need to speak to the prisoner. He is the last person that Xander spoke to.

Stepping forward I don't even pay attention to the others in the room. My hand still extends back in order to keep Emily behind me. I still don't trust them but since my alpha does, I will stand by her. I still cant even fathom what Xander was thinking when he gave up his title. I know he most likely prevented all of us from feeling his death.

"There is someone that we need to speak to then. It would be a prisoner that talked to Xander before he set everything in motion. He is an agent for the government currently being held in our prison cells." I state as I look at Tika.

She nods her head at me and I feel as she opens the mind link. "Bring him to us". With a quick jerk of my head I snap me and Emily out of the room. I transport us right into our living room. Igneous' mother is still here and gets startled by our abrupt arrival. Emily goes over to our daughter right away and scoops her up.

Leaning over her I place a kiss on her head. "I might be a while today. I would prefer if you were to stay here mate". I tell her as I scratch the back of my neck. She has never been one to take orders. Staying out of something like this is bound to not go over well with her.

"I understand" she says as she meets my gaze.

Igneous' mother rises from the couch and heads over to the kitchen. I turn her in my arms and look at the smiling bundle in her arms. An immediate smile comes to her face and I touch her little hand. My smile grows as I feel her strong grip wrap around it.

"You need to find a way to save him. Help them and don't stop until you find a way. Its okay to have hope about the situation Max. We sure could use it right about now" She states sadly. Tears brim her eyes once more and I lean my forehead against hers.

On my honor. We will get our alpha back.

"We will find away, my love. I don't see any other option but to get the big bastard back. To get my brother back" I tell her honestly. Her eyes widen a bit as I call him my brother. It would be the first time that I acknowledged out loud that that is what he is.

"Go" She says and then she leans toward me. I grab her lifts into a brief but harsh kiss. I have the feeling that whatever is going to happen next wont be pretty. I'm so glad that she is choosing not to argue about this situation. I much prefer to have her at home and safe with our daughter. When I do break the kiss, I look into the beauty of her blue eyes. I have no idea but turning away from her is hard right now.

I step away from her and dematerialize out of the room. I don't even bother landing upstairs in the cells. I pop right next to the bastard and he startles. I snatch him up from the cot by his elbow and say nothing as I transport us back. As soon as we enter the room I shove the bastard and he falls to his knees with a huff. A feminine gasp  fills the air as he rises to stand.

"Was that really necessary? You could have just asked instead of behaving like a damn barbarian" He says dusting his self-off.

His gaze travels around the room and I watch as his body freezes. He looks at the two newcomers in the room and then he is going to them. He and the woman embrace and a sob breaks from her chest. The other golden dragon looks on with a blank expression at their exchange. Just as soon as the hug began it ended. He was immediately shoved away from her as she gasped.