Lonely Wanderer-Tika

Before I have even made the conscious decision to do it I find myself outside. My feet seem to have their own destination in mind as I let them lead me through the cabins here. The designs of them fill me with awe. It looks like every one differs from the other. If I had to guess I would say that each person designed the home they wanted. When I round the next bend my feet stop.

A blur runs past me and into the trees. I get a brief flash of Emily's face as she looks at me in near fright. Unknown to what caused this reaction I chase after her through the trees. The way she moves has me out of breath within moments. When I do finally catch up to her she is kneeling next to a tree. She crouches as she holds her stomach and groans leave her mouth.

"Emily, are you okay? Why are you running?" I have to question her because that can't be a good thing to do in her condition. Especially not as far long as she looks. I step closer to her when she doesn't answer me and go to place a hand on her shoulder. She turns so fast that she knocks me over with a snarl that has me crawling away from her.

"Easy, Easy. I only want to help" I tell her as I hold my hands up once she doesn't advance. She eyes me warily as she watches me. It only takes seconds for me to notice that her eyes aren't human. It shocks me because I thought that all mates were human. A whole new level of fear enters my body as claws spring from her hands and she shouts.

Before I can say anything Maximus flashes into the forest right behind her. Her head whips in his direction as she snarls at him. He smirks as she does it like the way she is acting is funny. He looks at me briefly and motions with his head for me to move as he walks toward her slowly. "Okay little one, the game of chase is over. Give me back my girl now" He says to her.

"I can do what I want handsome. You gonna make me stay put" she says as she backs away from him. I rise from the floor while she is distracted and start backing further into the trees.

"Now we both know that I just you. I am more than happy to give you a reminder if you need one Nikola" His voice says as it changes to a deeper one. His eyes flash and I realize that it is his dragon speaking to hers.

"Sorry lover. We don't have time to play games at the moment. You can let me mark you though so we can become parents" she says with a groan as she crouches. He speeds to her immediately and scoops her into his arms. His dragon eyes are still present as he looks at me over her.

"Thanks for trying to help. We can take our mate and young from here" And with that he flashes out of the forest in the blink of an eye. I'm still bewildered by what I just saw and so many questions are running through my head. I wander out of the forest while I think about what I just saw. The main thing my minds seems to get stuck on is if they can be mates with another dragon, then why does he want me?

When I exit the trees I look around in confusion. These look nothing like the cabins that I saw before. One of them don't even look like a cabin but instead more like a lodge. Its huge and almost looks out of place amongst the trees. Curious I step forward and walk up to the door that I see. I swing the large wood door open and take a peek inside. Everything freezes when there are quite a few places that turn in my direction.

I catch the eyes of a beautiful older woman and she waves me in. Her hair has started to go silver and is mixed in with the blonde strands. She wears a yellow apron over a blue dress and almost looks like an old fashioned grandmother. With nothing better to do I walk right through the door and up to her. "You can help yourself to anything you like. The trays are right there at the end and you can get a drink from the fridge" she says as she gestures across the room.

The area that she gestures to is setup like a high school cafeteria. The only difference that I see is it appears to be buffet style where you grab your own food. The scent of the food in the air makes my stomach growl. I know that I just ate breakfast but aromas in the air remind me of things I haven't eaten in years. I grab the purple tray and take a look at what they provided. There is crisp bacon, sausage, ham, steak, hash browns, biscuits, gravy, pancakes, waffles, and their fixings. Knowing that I won't be able to eat much I grab a few slices of bacon and a biscuit.