Running Behind-Xander

I watch as she runs from my parents' house in tears as growls leave my chest. How dare she sit here and refuse me. I stand to go after her when my father's hand lands on my arm stopping me.

Mate. Go get our mate!

"Let me go!" I command him as I refuse to look at him.

"Just leave it be son. You can find another mate" he says as he tugs me. I snatch my arm out of his grasp and glare at my parents.

"I have never been disappointed in you two until today. You both sat there and talked about a woman that you didn't even know. You assumed and made accusations before you even met her" I tell them calmly. I tell them way too calmly. At the end of the day they are still my parents.

"We only want what is right for you" My mother says as she rises from her seat.

"You hurt my mate! How can you even choose what is right for me? I have waited years for her to get here. You both have seen the struggles I have had with my beast when he taunted me with her images" I scream at them. My father starts to look ashamed but my mother still stands there proudly with her head held high.

"Then tell him to choose someone else. How can the alpha of an entire clan be mated to a prisoner? What kinds of questions will your people have?" she yells back.

"I don't care! She is my mate and you will respect her. Did you ever think that maybe she wasn't a murderer? Have you never heard of someone killing another by accident?" I question her and feel pride when she starts to lose some of that bravado.

"Because of what you have just don't I could lose her. I am telling you right here and right now that I won't let that happen. Before you say it, it is not because of Ceron. She was mine the moment that I laid eyes on her. Definitely when she gave my dragon a name and even more because she stood up to you. I already love her and if you two can't get on board with that, then I renounce myself as your son and alpha of this pack" I state to them as I walk out the door.

My dragon slams around in my chest wanted to shift in his anger. For the first time in my life I wish that I could cause my parents harm and I want to get out of there. I know that right now they are just misguided and will eventually come to their senses. They really do need to think before they talk, however.

I let my senses come forward as I sniff the air for her scent. When I find it my feet move fast as I cover the ground that she took. As I follow the trail I can also scent her tears mixed in with her wildflower scent. I need to find her. I need to tell her that what they said doesn't matter.

I smell Julia here too. Her and our mate must have stood here for a while

Nodding at my dragon I sniff the air for both of their scents and follow it into the forest. When we round into another area where I scent is strong I grow frustrated. How did such a tiny woman manage to cover so much ground? This is taking too much time. I wish that I could call on Maximus but I know that he can't be pulled away from Emily right now.

Rushing through the trees, a growl leaves my chest as I almost trip over someone. The scent of Igneous fills my nose and immediately help adjust him. Its moments like these where I am ecstatic that he now has a dragon. If he didn't a simple run in with me could have been detrimental to him. That would also make Magma detrimental to me.  As soon as he is standing on his own two feet I quickly move past him as I track her scent once more.

"Hey" he yells.

When his hand grabs my arm to stop me a loud growl leaves my chest. He quickly releases me and raises his hands in the air. I walk off knowing that he is following behind me by the sounds of his hurried steps.