Venomous Love-Tika

"Anyone who is close enough, get to the cells and stop Maximus" I hear Xander's command as it comes through the link. His voice is rough and I can feel his entire command through the bond. Others that hear the call don't answer but I can hear a lot of movement outside. I am on my feet in a flash as I exit the cabin. I know that he told me not to leave but something tells me that I need to be there.

"Xander..." I call his name through the bond.

"Tika, oh god. I messes up. I really messed up. I'm so sorry. I didn't know what it would do. I just wanted to save you" he rushes to say. By the way he pants as he speaks it is almost as if he is rushing in his mind too.

"What are you talking about. You have to slow down" I yell at him as he continues to babble.

"There is no time, my love" Ceron says as he speaks. "I Alpha Xander Stone of the Scarlet Light Clan hereby transfer my title as alpha to Tika Heather Stone, my mate. With this promise I step down from my duty as alpha. I step down from my right to protect this clan. I step down from my duty as your brother" He shouts.

A pain hits my chest as he makes the decree. I stumble in my running and have to catch myself. My head starts to swim as so many voices enter my mind. I fall to the ground with my hands over my head as I try to will them to stop. Cara growls in my mind sharply and I can feel as she pushes it out. All at once the voices stop and I can think again.

We have to move Tika. Our mate is in trouble. He is close to us. I can hear his thoughts.

I stand up and move my feet as fast as I can. However, I know that it is not fast enough. Just as I have the thought I let Cara come through in my mind. In seconds she starts our painful transformation and I feel as she transforms. This time is different, however. My skin feels almost like it is on fire as her scales appear. I close my eyes and grit my teeth through the rest of the transformation.

When I do finally open my gaze it's to the feeling of the wind as it whips past me. Cara is at the front as she controls out speed through the sky. I can feel that she has a clear destination in mind but I am still unable to focus. I still have no idea what is going on. As one of or wings passes beyond out face in an errant flap I cause us to stumble. I push myself forward as I try to get a look at it.

You must let me stay in control. We will worry about everything else later.

"But what are the black markings on our wings? Why does out chest hurt like this? I just feel so much right now. I don't know what to do Cara" I tell her rapidly as I still try to focus.

In the distance I can see a dot as it flies toward us. As it starts to grow while it gets closer we feel drawn to it. I know that it's my Xander. I feel as Cara picks up speed toward him. The relief that we feel as we see him is indescribable. I just know that as soon as we are in his arms things will be okay.

Just as he gets close enough and I finally can make out some of Ceron's features he is nosediving towards the ground. Cara's gaze narrows on one of the cabins below us and I know that it's the same one we exited earlier. It's the same place where Igneous' father is being held. As he lands on the ground I can clearly hear the impact of it. Around his talons dirt swirls around on the ground as a small crater forms.

I land just as his form starts to shrink into the man that I love instead of the beast. My transformation takes longer than his. As soon as I am myself again though I am running. I don't stop running until I am smashing into his chest and I feel his arms wrap around me. Tears rush out of my eyes as I feel his body heat against me. it just feels so good to be in his arms.

He quickly breaks the embrace and he brings his mouth to mine. The kiss that he lays on me is nearly frantic. Our tongues and teeth fight against each other as he cradles my face. Just as I nearly suffocate from the feel of him against me he breaks the kiss and leans his head against mine. Our breathing is rapid as we take each other in. I close my eyes as I just enjoy the moment between us.

"I'm so sorry my love. Its too late" he says with a pained groan. His hand flies to his chest as he hold his heart. "I know you don't understand, but I am hoping that someday you will. Even if I am not here to tell you" he says. He falters on his feet and I move backward as some of his weight falls against me.

"What are you talking about?" I ask him frantic with worry. His words are so sad even though there is a smile on his face. The way that he is acting is worrying. Through the bond I can feel his sadness. Its almost like there is a finality to it. I feel like he is saying goodbye.

"You are truly amazing. I would be able to trust no one else to love my people as I do. In this short time, you have become my heart and soul. I wouldn't trade a single moment that we have been together. I love you so much Tika. I just wish that I had more time to show you" he says as he looks at me. I slowly lower him to the ground when I have trouble holding his weight. His eyes are getting low and his skin is turning a sickly shade.

Tears overflow from my eyes and I have no idea how to stop them. "Somebody help me!!" I scream as loud as I can. I search the area but still see no one near. I cradle his head in my lap as he cries and I look at him.

"Shhhhhhh. It will be all right. You are going to have to fight Tika. Not just for us but for our people." He says as he lays a hand on my cheek. I cradle it to my face as he tries to wipe my tears. It feels so much colder than it did just a few moments before.

"I cant. I cant do this without you Xander. You are a part of me. I love you" I say through my tears.

"I know baby. Its why I have to set you free. I have to make it so that you can live" he says in a rush. Before I can reply a coughing fit takes over and his chest heaves. He turns to the side as something black spews from his mouth. I try to rub his back only wanting to help. Why does life have to be so cruel.

"Please, please. Don't leave me Xander. How am I supposed to live without the other half of my heart?" I plead.

"I Xander Stone..." he chest heaves with another cough as he pauses. "Hereby reject you Tika Heather as my mate.....". The pain that hits my chest this time takes my breath away. I am unable to hold him of give him comfort as his body contorts and his back bows. Our screams fill the air and it feels like something inside me shreds to pieces. As my dragon howls in my head my senses are blinded as everything goes black.