Fairytales-Tika

I turn over once more as I lay in the bed. I haven't seen one of this quality since I lived with my parents. The finest of the bed should have had me out like a light but for some reason I still couldn't sleep. My gaze turns to the door of this bedroom when I hear his close. He is literally right down the hall from me. I don't know why the thought does something exiting to me but it does. I shouldn't even care that he is close. I know nothing about him.

With a huff I decide to sit up in the bed. I still can't sleep. I look around the décor of the room and find the colors even more soothing in the light of the night. I just feel like it's too quite here. There are no footsteps from guards walking the halls. No bed above me that creaks every time Nona moves. There isn't even any water gurgling from a toilet that constantly runs. As my ears prick to hear even the smallest noise, I hear his door open.

The sound has me scooting to sit up on the edge of the bed as I listen for more. A few moments later the shower can be heard running. After just a few minutes I find the sound soothing and lay back down. Before I know it my eyes have closed and I am unable to stay awake a moment more.

When I awaken a few hours later I know that I haven't slept long. My eyes feel rough like sandpaper and yet I know that I won't be going back to sleep. As I look toward the window I see that the sun still hasn't risen. The night is pitch black so it must still be the wee hours of the morning. As I rise from the bed I try to be as quiet as possible. I let out a sigh of relief when the door opens without squeaking.

Taking the initiative I make why way down the hall and pass his bedroom door. I pause there as I listen to see if he is up. Finding all things silent on his end I continue to sneak downstairs. My feet on the bottom landing make my whole body relax. I most likely didn't have to sneak downstairs but I have no idea how to feel.

I didn't imagine that I would find myself in his home. I thought that after my refusal to be with him that I would be stuck with the other prisoners. In the kitchen area I find a clock and see that it is just past five in the morning. I've grown so used to waking at this time that it is normal to me now. Looking around the room I hunt for something to do.

The mess from last night is pristine. It looks like he cleaned everything before going up to bed. Seeing the coffee maker, my world tilts. I rush over to it and check the compartments to see that they are already filled. Pushing the button I start the machine and wait for the precious aroma to fill the air. The knot in my stomach tightens at the aroma.

I knew that I shouldn't have eaten so much last night. It had been so long since I had seen some of those foods that I couldn't resist. My stomach is definitely upset that I over indulged. As the coffee spews I hum as I hunt through the cabinets as quietly as I can for the cups. I bring two down just in case he happens to come down for coffee too.

I fill my cup with coffee and blow the steam across the top before taking a sip. The moan that leaves my lips at the flavor is obnoxious but it is so good. As I continue to sip my coffee I stare out the window over the kitchen sink and watch as the world starts to change colors. Looking beyond the cabins to the trees as it rises, shows me that this place truly is beautiful. I can't wait to get out and explore it.

I wonder what kind of limitations I will have. Will I have to have someone with me at all times? Are there certain areas where I am just not allowed to go? What would my life be like staying here? Deep down I know that staying here would be better than going back to that prison. I bet that I could think of this as trading one prison for another. This one just happens to be much prettier. Even if I don't deserve the happiness that the view gives me. I don't even know if they would have loved it here.

"Good Morning" he says right next to me. The sound of his voice so close nearly has me jumping out of my skin as I whirl to face him. When I do his expression looks apologetic. "Sorry, I did say something to you before but you were lost in thought. I wasn't trying to give you a fright" he states holding my gaze.