The Big Reveal-Xander

I told you that was a bad idea. There were other ways that we could have shown her what we are. Now you have gone and terrified our mate...

"We share the same head you know. You can see what my intention was" I reply.

She smells like wildflowers....We love wildflowers. I really hope you know what you are doing with our mate. There is no cheating to the mate bond.

"I wouldn't necessarily call it cheating. I would much prefer we used the phrase speeding up the potential problems" I offered.

You may think that you can avoid all the problems now, but we both know that love is never that easy.

With that gentle reminder my dragon fades into the back of my mind with a swish on his long golden tale. I get a better grip on my mate and turn to follow the rest of the prisoners in. As I walk I look down at her face and take in her features more closely. She truly is beautiful. Her skin is a smooth honey and looks to be the smoothest skin I have ever seen. Her lips are plump and pink. Even though her eyes were closed the chocolate color still flashes through my mind. Her brown tresses hang over my arm. It looks to be about the same length of mine.

I told you; it wouldn't matter what our mate looked like. We would know that she belongs to us.

I remove my eyes from her beautiful face and pick up the pace of my feet moving forward. We are now nearing the cabins that we had set up for our visitors. Maximus uses this opportunity to taunt our prisoners by flashing to the inside of one of the cabins. He opens the window and hops right out after waving to the prisoners. Still shocked by the fact that my mate was found at a place like that.

What could she have possibly done to end up in that position? Immediately I remember the colors of her aura. With me on how I'm thinking my dragon pushes his eyes forward so we can take a look at it once more. The coloring of it is of a pure person. If it were something truly terrible I would see the scaring on her aura. The inky black covering of someone beyond saving is not an easy thing to see.

"Uh Alpha, aren't you going to take her inside?" Demetrius asks breaking me out of my trance. Taking a quick look around, I realize that everyone else has already been taken inside. I don't know if I van release her just yet.

"No, I will be taking this one to the clinic to get looked at. Carry on with the protocols we put in place for when they arrived. Check with Maximus on doubling the guards near here and be sure to replace a copy of the report on my desk" I rush to say as I quicky turn toward the clinic.

I don't know how calm she is going to be about waking up in a clinic with us hovering over her.

"It will be a lot better than knowing whether or not she is okay. Besides, we both know that we can't leave her until we find out for sure"

True

His answer is brief and I know that he has the same worry I have. Our mate has been unconscious for more than ten minutes now and his worry has started to spill over to me. I start to think that perhaps I shouldn't have introduced her to one of our beast so soon. Picking up my pace I decide to notify the clinic that I am on my way in through the mind link.

"Hey Lisa, would you mind telling Dr. Snow that I am on my way in with one of our human visitors. She needs to be checked out after fainting" I say.

"Sure thing Alpha, we'll be ready for you when she gets here" she says back in her chirpy tone.

Looking at my mate once more I check to see once more if she has moved at all. Even with the jostling of my large frame as I carry her, she has still not moved. I really do hope I haven't scare her too bad. If I have then she might choose not to be with me. Finally seeing the logic from my dragon I give a heavy sigh. As I step foot into the clinic I start to think of a way to clear this up with some type of explanation.