Just Dont Cry-Avery

The strength that I have been pretending to have this entire time is fading. I had to block Anthony from the mind link because of his constant checking on me. I look at the woman before me with guilt once more. There are still things that I haven't told her but I need her to do this. If she knew exactly what could happen, then she wouldn't willingly agree. I hope that if the inevitable happens that she will understand. I will do anything to save my mate and the father of my children.

As she takes my hands I try to give her an encouraging smile. Out of the corner of my eyes all I see is my mate. Just a bit ago during her ether journey he had fallen unconscious. I can feel as our bond is weakening. This time is just so much worse than the last. Even I can feel some of the effects from the poison the body has caused in the ether. If we are unable to come up with a solution, I fear that I may truly lose him this time.

I want him to come home to our children. I want to lead our clan as we have done with him by my side. It has already taken so much out of the both of us learning to adjust to life without Slater. Seeing him today made me so happy but something was off. When we were teenagers before we knew about the bond we all had a connection. I fought myself for years because I was unable to choose one over the other. If faced with that choice now, I would still be unable to make it.

I can see what this time away from us has done to him. I can see how the darkness has taken over his soul. I even begged Salvatore to come and find him when we felt his pain through the bond. He would always say that it wasn't safe. We haven't even left the lands of our clan for years. Our people and our children have been safe there. We didn't want to be the reason for bringing attention to ourselves.

This time was different though. I didn't have a choice but to make this decision and Anthony sided with me. We put the life of our alpha above our people. I can't even imagine how the alpha of this clan was able to pass on his title so easily. How in the end he could just give up on his people. I couldn't let my mate make the same choice for us.

I force myself to take a deep breath as I settle myself. I can't carry all of these negative emotion into the ether. I need for this to work. No matter the price I have to pay. "I want you both to close your eyes. Instead of focusing on the love that you have in your heart we need to call out to the ether. We need to call out to the essence of what connects all of us. What forms our bonds and our truth. Call out to what feels our powers and brings us our family" I beckon them.

I can feel when they close their eyes. I know that our connection is probably glowing for the world to see. It was an amazing sight the first time Anthony and I made the connection. The gold and silver lights were like nothing that I have ever seen as it swirled around our hands. The atmosphere around us changes and I can hear Anthony in my head.

"The connection has been formed. He needs to search for the taint. Remember that you are not the one to touch it. We don't want you infected"

I take his warning seriously. Our gamma is still recovering back home from touching that filthy animal when it came out of the ether. When he touched his mate she miscarried. They were both trapped for days in a delirium of hatred. The words that left their mouth cut like the sharpest knife. Their violence was met by anyone that came near. We had no choice but to keep them sedated for a time. But I don't have a choice. We can't leave it there.

"Use your dragon Maximus. Open your connection" I ask him. My eyes blink open slowly as I feel the blue orb start to form in the air. I let my own power flow from my chest as I give his a push. Through this temporary connection Tika must feel what I do because she does the same. The ether surrounds us almost immediately and I am entranced. This is a sight that I will never get tired of seeing. A laugh bubbles up from my chest at the pure joy that I feel. Almost immediately that feeling changes and I find myself bending forward as I gag. The amount of darkness that is inside the ether is almost too much to handle. "Hold steady" I shout through gritted teeth as I try to fight the feeling. If this is what my mate has been experiencing then there is no wonder he kept vomiting.