Setting Her Free-Xander

I can't even describe the want that I feel in my chest as I wait for answer. I just want her to give me a chance and if she is close by that would make it easier. Maybe if I really can't have her as a mate, then I would be happy just to see her every day. Over time the bond could work and I can take the time to change her mind.

"You would give me my freedom, even if you will never get what you want?" she asks.

With all the hope that I have in my body, I nod my head yes not trusting myself to speak. I have to get her to at least give me a chance if I want to stay a leader to my people. I struggle to swallow as I watch her think it over. The way she nibbles on her bottom lip when she is deep in thought is driving me crazy. I have never been so attracted to someone lips before. I clear my throat knowing that now is not the time for me to have these thoughts.

The sound snaps her out of her head and she throws a glare in my direction. With a heavy sigh she turns to face me. "I have a condition." Glad that there is a chance a smile breaks across my face.

I would proceed with caution. You have no idea what she will request of us.

"What might that be?" I ask eagerly.

"That you don't touch me. Ever" she states with a stray face. I feel my dragon sway in my chest at the very thought of it. I hate the idea of it too.

"That won't be possible" I say immediately as I think on my feet. "From what we have seen, when a dragon meets there mate, the bond has already started. Being apart will be dangerous and draining to both parties involved. Having our mates near us stops this from happening" I tell her honestly.

We need her to want the bond, not fear it.

"That doesn't sound right. This is starting to sound like a ploy to get me into your bed. I will never be in your bed" she states as she eyes me.

"We are going to have to build your trust. In all of those that reside here I will never lie to unless it is for your safety. You are mine to take protect, to love and to cherish. If the bond were as simple to make as taking you against your will, don't you think that I would have done it by now?" I question her as my tone hardens.

She looks taken aback by my tone. The smell of her fear enters the air a long with her intoxicating scent. I find myself towering over her as I peer down into her beautiful face. My face is so close to hers that I would have to do is let it fall a few inches and her taste would fill my mouth. The thought has a growl leaving my chest as I whirl away from her trying to get myself under control.

A kiss would start the beginnings of the heat. If she is not willing to accept simple touches from us, then we cannot even give her that.

"This need is hard enough to control. I cannot imagine how Maximus and Magma were able to hold on so long as much as we interfered. If the heat is worse than this, then I suggest that we reframe from the action as well" I reply to him.

"Look, I know you didn't ask to be in this situation. I didn't ask to be in it either. Especially to have someone share my home when I am such a private person. However, I would rather live my entire life not being able to touch you and seeing you every day, rather than to have you go back to that hell hole where you don't deserve to be" I murmur as I face away from her.

I have no idea what she will feel at my words but it's something that I feel needed to be said. She doesn't have to understand right away what this is like for me. The struggle that I already feel when It comes to her. "So, I guess I would have needed to clarify that statement. We will not be having sex. Not now. Not ever. It is not an experience that I would like to repeat again" she states from behind me.