A Deadly Kiss-Xander

Wait, Xander don't---

As I push my lips to hers the warmth of her warms my soul. My power rushes out as I push all the love that I can at her. If I want her to give me a chance then I have to show her what I can give her. She has left me no choice. I can't just let her leave.

My world goes gold as I watch the love take over her eyes and I stare into them. After a few moments, a sob leaves her chest and I try to pull away. The connection that I have made to her is too strong, however. I have no choice but to go along with the process as I watch my mate break right in front of me. The tears flow freely down her chest as her entire body stills. I have no idea what she is seeing through my gift but I know that the vibrations of her screams against my lips have yet to cease.

She is on the other end. We can't stop this. Oh, god Xander we can't stop this.

Tears fill my eyes as I watch my mate be tortured. I flex my arms as I hold her tighter against me wanting to bring her some kind of comfort even though I am the one causing her pain. When her eyes finally clear she pushes me away with a sob. The wail of her cry in the air brings the most intense pain that I have ever felt to my chest.

I try to speak to her but I don't have the chance. Before I can even say I am sorry she rushes out the door as tears fill her eyes and I let her go. Knowing what I have just done to her, what I just made her live through I know that I have no choice. If she wanted to leave before then she will want to leave even more now.

We didn't know Xander. We didn't know that she was one.

I can't even agree with my dragons words because there is always the possibility. I just never expected my mate to be one. My dragon named two types of people earlier on when we discovered our gift. The treasured and the forgotten. The treasure is someone who has experience the gift of love in their life. For them, my gift would highlight the moments that they felt the most love and amplify them.

The forgotten however are an entirely different story. This would be a person who has either never known love or they have lived so long without it that they wouldn't know it if it smacked them in the face. My gift to them is a form of torture. They would only see moments where they thought the love they were shown were real or how they could have gone if it were. It is meant to make them regret there decisions in life and to show them that they are unworthy of it.

But she is worthy. She would not be our mate if she were not. We should have been the ultimate gift to her. To be able to provide her with all the love that she has missed out on in life because that is what we are. Pure, unadulterated, unfettered love.

I have to find her. I have to try to fix this. I had no idea what I was doing to her. I was just so angry when she called me a monster because it is the one thing I am not. Her words even caused me to ignore my beast when I have always sought his council. I think I just made the biggest mistake of my life. Knowing that I need help, I reach out to Maximus.

"I need your help Maximus. I need to find my mate. She's gone" I yell through the link.

"Coming to you" he says with a sigh.

Sprinting out of my house I scent the air trying to follow her trail when I see that she is nowhere to be found. When I find her scent I rush into the forest as I follow it. How could she have gotten this far. It should be too dark for a human to see. I don't need her getting lost out here.

Maximus flashes to my side as he paces his steps with mine. "I found her" he says and I stop in my tracks. "What the hell happened Xander" he yells at me.

"We don't have time to talk right now. You need to take me to her" I bellow. He frowns at me but does what I ask. When we exit the ether we are at the river. She stands near the edge as she talks to Kelsie.