Arrival Day-Xander

After two long weeks, the day that we have all been waiting for is here. As I finish the reports of the day on my computer, my leg bounces with anticipation of what is to come. A smile graces my face as I try to picture what my mate will look like. I wonder if she will be tiny like Maximus' mate Emily. I imagine that since I am even large than him the anatomy of putting our bodies together would be quite difficult. As I have the thought the laughter of my dragon rings out in my head.

You honestly think that you would have a problem with the size of our mate. At this point you would be happy with anyone who didn't have male parts. And the best part of all of this ........is you don't even know how the parts work.

"You know you could learn to be a bit more supportive. This is going to be your mate too. Do you even know what you want in a mate" I ask him.

His golden face appears in my mind and I can see his pensive expression clearly. I remove my fingers from the keys of the keyboard and lean my bare back against my office chair. Something tells me that what he is about to say will be profound. Just as my dragon can be silly when the time warrants it and I need true answers, he always provides.

Xander, the way a mate looks doesn't matter. A person is still a person no matter the color. They are still deserving of love, even if they have never had it. When we see our mate, we may be attracted to her. That is a given but I do not believe that it will be the first thing that we feel. This is the other half of our soul. I have given it much thought. The only thing that I want from a mate is to feel completed. I want someone who no longer makes us feel alone.

His face disappears once more as I ponder his words. I know the way that a person looks is superficial and doesn't really matter. I feel that with my own odd physical attributes that I have no reason to talk. Having a mate that is attractive would be a nice point. A heavy sigh leaves my lips as I realize that my dragon is right.

He definitely know what we need more than I do. It would be nice to talk to someone about more than just what goes on in the clan. Having a conversation with our parents is always satisfying but it still lacks something. We still go home at night to be alone and we wake up alone. We speak more to each other than anyone else. We have even gone full days in complete silence. It has definitely gotten old.

"You are right, we will love our mate. No matter who she is" I tell him with conviction.

The doorbell rings just as I was about to put my fingers back to the keyboard. Rising in a hurry from my desk I walk to the couch and quickly toss my robe over my shoulders. Just as the door opens I turn my back to it securing the tie so that I am fully covered.

"What can I do for you today Maximus" I ask him as I turn to face him.

"It's almost time to go. Are you ready to tell me what this meeting is about now?" he ask.

Maximus has my beta certainly has the right to know what this meeting is about. However, with the newfound powers he has after marking his mate I have been skeptical to tell him.  The last two weeks have been very interesting as he learns to control what we are calling the mind link. We have all heard things between him and his mate that we would rather not know.

"I guess since I am now out of time, I have no choice but to tell you. The meeting we have is with the government regarding mates" I say with a heavy sigh. Knowing him and his temperature I am going to have to make this a slow delivery in order to keep my office and home intact.

"Why would you need to meet with the government about our mates. They have been marked and can no longer be removed now that they also have our DNA" he says in a rush.

Gesturing with my hand I lead him to take a seat at my desk. "When I say that it is regarding our mates, I do not mean the ones that are already marked. I am speaking about the ones that will be coming in the future" I tell him as I meet his gaze while taking my seat.