Bittersweet-Xander

I know that there is something wrong with me. I seem to feel lost even though I know exactly where I am. I look up from the wildflower I play with and see my meadow. In confusion I search around the room for the one I was just in. I could have sworn I was just in the old facilities that we used to have here. However, that just doesn't make sense because we got rid of them. I remember being the one to give the order for their destruction.

I walk a few steps forward in the meadow and place my hands on the rock. A sigh of relief leaves my chest as I feel that it is real. For a moment there I really thought that it wouldn't be. Touching this rock feels so differently that it has felt in the past. As I take a seat on it I know that something is different. As I look at this place I no longer feel the peace that it always used to bring me.

It is the woman. You have let her cast a spell.

"Its not a spell. I was simply intrigued. Even you liked her scent and the way she looked. I have caught you replaying how she felt against us twice" I remind him.

We have never felt the flesh of a woman that close. We are still virgins human. We wouldn't even know what to do with a woman like that in our arms.

I nod my head to him in agreement. He is right about that but for some reason the thought still doesn't get the image of her out of my mind. Her hair was like warm chocolate. The parts of it I got to feel were soft. Those brown eyes of hers were piercing but it looks like they held so much humor. I could see the pain that she held in them too from the loss of her mate.

The thought has me immediately dismissing the woman. If she had a mate she would not have acted like she did. No person with a mate would ever want anyone else. I would never choose someone over my mate and I would want mine to behave the same way. For her to imply that she knew me has wasted enough time in my brain. I don't owe her another thought.

Do you remember the facilities?

I focus on the conversation that my dragon is starting. Its odd but it feels like it hasn't just been us in forever. I have enjoyed the conversations that we have been having. His question however doesn't bring all positive thoughts to mind. We all hated the facilities when they first started. We hated all the test and being treated like lab rats. As soon as most of the humans left these lands we decided to blow them up.

"Yeah buddy I remember them. What part are you thinking of specifically?" I ask him.

When we were new here. Before the battle that got us alpha. We came to this field and we had our first vision of our mate. Do you remember anything about her?

My eyebrows scrunch at his question as I try to think. That time was so long ago and I was so rambunctious through my teen years. The day comes to mind though when I think about the pressure on my cheek. I blush as I remember the slight kiss that she gave me. I walked around on a high for weeks after that moment. However, she didn't show up again.

I think she did show up. Remember the shape of the woman from earlier. Now think about the one from this very meadow and when we saw her.

He brings up the images that he remembers in a clearer light. It looks like while I as human paid attention to her features, he was only looking at her aura. I remember the length of her hair and the shape of her. I could never see the features of her face truly. However, as I ponder the features of the woman from the facilities earlier, they could be a match. Their bodies are practically identical and her features could work.

"You really think that much about her huh?" I ask my dragon teasingly. There is no way that we have met out mate and do not recognize her. Fate would never be that cruel.

No not think. I feel. I looked at her aura when she was here. It matches too. I was so silent while she was here because I was in shock. I never expected to meet our mate when we didn't feel right. You know also that something is wrong with us. We are supposed to be whole for our mate. Look at it.