Love-Xander

I jerk into a sitting position as soon as my eyes open. I jump up off the floor and spin around the room I'm in as I look for danger. My stance calmly relaxed when I realize that I am alone. I start walking as I try to search for a door. I got in here somehow so there has to be a way out. I need to get back to my mate. She needs me.

"Hold your horses. You sure are a hard person to find" I whirl around toward the voice and as I take in the woman everything starts to make since. Finally realizing what this is I relax. "Hello, Kawa. Why don't we get this over with so that I can get back to my mate" I say a bit impatiently. I still have no idea what is wrong with her or why she was in so much pain.

"Your mate at the moment is just fine. If she were not, you would be able to feel it through your bond. Now follow me" she says as she turns away. A door forms just for her and I watch her walk through it. Knowing that I have no other choice, I follow right behind her.

The room that we walk into is a movie theater. She walks up the steps and takes a seat. When I get closer she gestures for me to take the seat next to her. I sit down reluctantly and look at the screen. As scenes I don't know start to play out before my eyes I try to remember what Magma and Maximus had to say about their soul walk. I definitely don't remember movies being on their list.

However, the longer I stare at the screen, the more the movie starts to interest me. Before I know it I am sitting on the edge of the seat as I watch the life of my mate play out right before my eyes. I can't help but to chuckle as I see her cute little pigtails from when she was a young girl. I smile at the way that she is with her parents. It is so easy to see their love. Then it's like the scenes of their home change.

I see the arguments between her parents as she eavesdrops. I see as they pull apart from each other and in turn pull away from her. I watch for years as they show their love for her less and less. She leaves the house more and more. Sometimes they travel for a long time and hardly call her. She gets dressed up for their functions. She plays the dutiful daughter as I see her tears in private. I watch as my mate breaks from the lack of love from her parents.

The sound cuts in and I watch her argument with them as they gossip with the help. A growl of pride rumbles in my chest as she stands up to them. She leaves and a boy picks her up. The growl that leaves my chest now is angry. The movie skips ahead when she exits a room with him but by her clothes I can tell what has happened. I memorize his face knowing that if I ever see him he will pay for touching what is mines. As I watch her walk in on him moments late with someone else he signs his death warrant for hurting her.

She gets a call from her parent and they are begging her for a ride. I shake my head as I think about how unsteady she is on her feet. Tears run down her face and I rise from the chair when I see her grab her keys.

"You couldn't have prevented this? Why do you wish to stop our eternal torment but leave others like this to suffer?" I scream at Kawa. She stares at me with a bored gaze. I turn away for her in anger as I watch the screen.

"I came here tonight right. Even after everything that you have done I still came to help you" I hear my mate scream at her parents. Her eyes flicker on and away from the road as she speaks.

"It's not that we are not grateful. We just want you to stay at home with us. You are not ready to be out in the world yet" Her father says. His voice is rough and his cheeks are red. I can tell that he is angry.

"Oh, now you want me in the house. What happened to the twelve years that I stayed there being ignored? Are you two finally tired of all the trips that you have taken while you left me with the maids? Am I finally good enough to have your love and time just because I left?" She screams at them.