Light-Tika

This odd form of my mate staggers as he gets to his feet and looks at me. The look he gives holds no pure intentions. I smile in glee at the revelation that I just had. My dragon asked me to take a chance and to trust that I could do this. To trust that I could handle whatever this is. I was terrified of what I would find when I came in here. For the first time in however long I have been here, I am not afraid.

"You are going to pay for that you little bitch" He growls. He cracks his neck and I see as his wound starts to heal right before my eyes. I widen my stance as I stare at me unbothered.

"I have a price to pay. I am just not too sure that you are going to like it" I say in warning as I wait for him to attack. I know that I need him to attack. No matter what this time though I need to keep my hands free. I truly hope that I can do this without having to endure his foul taste again.

"I am going to enjoy everything that I take from you. Especially the life of the bastard child in your belly" He growls. His words are what I don't expect. I feel pain as he refers to our child as a bastard. I quickly shake out of the pain and I get pissed. This will be the last time that anyone threatens my baby. We are going to make sure of this.

"All your talk to build up your strength is cute. I got you down once. I can get you down again. Now stope being a pussy and get rid of the words" I say with my alpha command.

The taunt does its job and I watch as he gets utterly enraged. He charges at me and I wait patiently for him to get close. As soon as he does I drop to the ground and swipe out with my foot. He doesn't expect the mood and pulls me down to the ground as he falls. His newly blackened gaze falls to my breast as they dangle in his face.

He licks his lips salaciously and fails to hide his grin. With him firmly distracted I draw my hand up to his chest quickly. Cara finally seeing exactly what my plan is fills our body with our power. The connection that we form between us as a bridge is so strong that it takes my breath away for a moment. For the first time I hear the thoughts of my beast and I am elated that we are in agreement.

We draw our hand back together and shove it into under his rib cage. Before he even realizes what is happening we have a fist wrapped around his heart. This finally gains his full attention and his eyes leave my breast. The look on his face is murderous and I smile as I squeeze his non beating flesh. He stills completely beneath me.

"You once gave me your heart, but today I am going to take it. The man that you reside in didn't have one to speak of. You chose to trick me about my mate and show me how he could be with no heart. I was supposed to fear the darkness you bring. To see the man that I love and feel nothing but pain. To know that in his darkness moments that he is capable of hurting me. You failed" I say right to his handsome face.

With my finally word I crush his heart in my hand and watch as the black light with the red tint leaves his disturbing eyes.  Tears fill my eyes as his body slumps beneath me and goes pale. I use my pain as I cry out to the universe. Making me go through all of this isn't fair. I scream so loud and long that my lungs hurt.

I can feel as my power swirls through my chest and I feel when it leaves me in a rushing torrent. I am forced to blink my eyes open slowly as the air quiets around me. It doesn't feel as stifling as it once did and I feel like I can breathe. The weight of him is gone beneath me. As I hold my hand up to the light I have to shield my eyes. My skin looks unblemished as if I had never drove it into the inky blackness of his chest cavity.

As I finally get accustomed to my new surroundings new sounds start to fill my ears. A female is screaming at the top of her lungs and I can hear scuffling. When my head turns in the direction that the sounds are coming from I frown. I have no idea what I missed but all I can see is the blur of Maximus and Anthony as they come to blows. Avery is on the other side of the room and appears to be rising to her feet as she screams for them to stop.