Sanguine Lover-Xander

As we come in for a landing we decide to skip right over the landing the pad. Considering the fact that we shredded our clothes it would be better to shift near the source of them. We land gently in the space behind my cabin. My dragon immediately release control as he retreats to the back of my mind. The pain that we feel at the moment is unbearable and he hasn't been able to say a word to me.

I rush through the trees as I listen for movement. When I reach for the door I pause with a curse as I inhale. Maybe taking a flight for the entire day wasn't such a smart idea. I was so distracted with thoughts of our mate during the flight that I forgot that I needed to make arrangements for somewhere else to stay. I crack the door open and sniff the air for her scent. Her scents hits me but it smells faded as if she has been gone a while.

Not wanting to interrupt her if she were to come back I hurry and make my way to my room. I have the thought to shower before changing but decide that that would take too much time. I should have called my mom this morning. Besides the text that I sent her the other night about finding my mate I haven't been communicating.

She just wanted to meet the woman that I am destined to so bad and I didn't know how to tell her that my mate practically rejected me as soon as she found out about me. I know that she would want to comfort me because I know how long she has waited. I just couldn't handle that at the moment. I pretty much have no choice but to tell her now because I am going to need to crash in their spare room for a while.

We are building more cabins on our land but as far as I know the progress of them wouldn't be complete for a few more days. I put on a robe quickly as I gather a few others. I place them in the bag I found at the back of my closet. Moving to the bathroom I also grab my toiletries before rushing out the front door. I check the time and nod to myself when I see that I am not late. If it is one thing my mother hates it would be serving cold food.

"Come on buddy. Mom is making her fried chicken. You know how much you love it" I say trying to coax my dragon to come back out. The way that things have been so quiet today is seriously starting to bother me. It really isn't like my dragon to not say anything for this long.

You can enjoy the fried chicken by yourself. It would also please me if you were to stop choosing everything that we do.

He says and then promptly gives me his tail. What the heck? I shake my head at the beast because I have no idea why he is even upset. I haven't done anything wrong. "I do not choose everything that we do. You make it sound as if we never do anything you want to do. We just went for a flight and I let you hunt" I tell him back.

No you always make stupid plans and go through with them. You are ruining our life by trying to plan everything out. You have even ruined our chance with our mate because of your stupid plans.

"Hey, that's not fair. I never meant to ruin anything with her. I was just trying to make sure that things worked between us. I didn't see you coming up with any big ideas" I yell at him.

I tried to warn you not to use our powers on her but you didn't even listen to me. I told you to not to try to trick her into letting us touch her but you did. You are the reason that we are in this mess. Now stop talking to me before I decide to just take over and leave you out of the fried chicken.

Well, the little jerk. He knows exactly how much we both love moms fried chicken. We are still a few cabins away and I can already smell it in the air. "That's harsh dragon. I don't even know why you are so angry in the first place. I was just trying to get you to come out to talk. You didn't have to be an ass about it" I grunt at him.

As soon as I walk through the door I call out to my mom. "Hey, mom. I sure hope things are ready. My dragon is threatening to shut me out and not let me have any" I say with a chuckle as I walk in.