Stolen Alpha-Xander

This truly can't be happening. If she was willing then she should understand how this has to go. We cannot rush the mating process. Nothing good could come from it but her death. There has to be a bond of love before the marking can happen. Why would I be blessed with a mate who doesn't care for the value of her own life? Would being with someone of my kind really be so bad.

It was a mistake to show her what we are so soon. Now she doesn't want anything to do with us. Your stupid plan is costing us our mate. You need to do something.

Her voice cuts off the demands of my beast and we are both shocked by what she says next. If what she said before was bad then her words now fill me with fear. "if I am to die anyway, then does the process really matter." Her words cause me to feel intense shock and I can't believe what she has just said.

What is wrong with our mate. Why is she dying? We cannot lose her Xander.

"Why are you going to die? Is there something wrong with you? Are you sick?" I rush to ask as I step forward. I feel the need to hold her thinking that I won't have as much time with her as I thought. After waiting so long for my other half I can't believe that it would be possible that we would have no time together. There has to be something that I can do. My heart fills with pain as she flinches away from me.

"No, I'm not sick. I'm going to die because you monsters are going to kill me" she says with a bitter chuckle as if she finds my questioning ironic. At her words everything in me goes blank as I try to process what she just said. Before I can find a way to react I feel as my dragon pushes forward in pure fury. My vision turns read as he takes over and I feel the sharp pains of my form beginning to shift as we lose control.

We would never harm her. Our mate is not going to die. NO ONE WILL TOUCH HER!!

"Who the hell told you that?" We growl at her. No wonder she smelled of fear when she got here. Before she even had the chance to speak with us someone has already condemned us in her eyes. They threatened my mate with me and what I am. Someone is going to pay for this. First I need to get to her and explain. I have to show her what we are. I have to touch her.

As I have these thoughts I feel the growls that leave my chest. The scent of her fear is so strong in the air that me and my dragon choke on it in our anger. She needs our comfort and to know that we would never be the one to cause her harm. My anger rises once more as she rushes away from me to the far side of the room. Her body tenses as she closes her eyes as if waiting for me to just kill her now.

My dragon roars at the sight that she is willing to give up so easily without getting to know our bond. She does not even want to know what she means to us. I won't let this happen I think as I take a step forward. As I take a step intending to go to her something squeezes around me. I look down in anger to see what has stopped me and see an arm. My talons dig into the arm as I pry it off of me as someone hisses.

Even more determined now I try to make it to my mate when something lands on my shoulder. In a flash the next thing I know the hospital room and my mate disappear from view and I am thrown forward. Severely pissed off  I whirl around to find Maximus as he watches me with a cool expression. I charge forward with the intent to ring his neck. Before I can reach him he disappears and pops up a few feet away.

"You need to calm down man. I'm not here to get in your way" He says with a frown.

"Take me back to her. Now" I command him in my alpha tone.

His body jerks underneath my command as he tries to fight it. I see his dragon eyes flash forward as he comes to aid in. My dragon pushes out our aura at the blatant disobedience with a vicious growl as we walk closer.

"I can't do that man. You can't be around her if you have no control" he says through clench teeth as his head fights wanting to bow beneath my command.

"I am in control. Now, take me back to my mate" I bellow pushing the force of my aura harder. His knees buckle as his claws extend and a growl fills his chest. A small part of me feels bad for commanding him like this but right now he is in the way of me and my mate. I won't tolerate this.

"Xander, man. You have to listen to me. You have to calm down. I can't let you hurt her. Even if you are my alpha I had to stop you from attacking your mate" he groans out.

His words finally stop me in my tracks as I look at him. I immediately release my aura from him and he fights to control his breath. "I wasn't going to harm my mate. We would never do that" I tell him in all seriousness.

"You. You're half shifted man. All the nursed heard you yelling so they called me. They thought that she was in danger. I got there to see you like that and she smelled so strongly of fear. You didn't even look like you saw the other people enter the room. You were about to charge toward her" he says in a rush now that he sees I am calming down.

"We had a miscommunication. My dragon couldn't handle what she had been told. Someone told her that we were going to kill her. She told me to just go ahead and get it over with. She wanted to die Maximus" I tell him as the pain I feel in my chest increases.

She doesn't know what she is to us. We have to clear this up. She cannot fear us if she is to stay.

"Damn, I don't even know what to say to that man" He says stepping closer to me. As I stare at the ground his hand lands on my shoulder. I'm so confused in the moment that I don't even know what to do. How do I get her to trust me after someone told her this? "You got to talk to her man. Emily is always saying that communication is key. You need to talk with her and try to clear this up" he says trying to comfort me.

He is right. She will need to hear it from us. If she hears it from someone else she may not believe them. We need to start building trust with her if we want her love.

"Take me back now Maximus" I tell him. We flash through the ether immediately and I try to fix the words in my head on what I want to say. This is not going to be an easy conversation.