Chapter 63: The Red Banquette (Part 1)

Sapnap chopped the last of the wood before wiping his forehead of sweat. He threw the axe into the tree stump and grabbed a pile of logs, hauling them inside and organizing them in chests. Sweat ran down his forehead and cheek while he took his towel tucked in his pant pocket and wiped his face and bare chest of sweat. Walking back outside, he glanced at the orange sky. "Almost sundown, huh? Finally, the day is over" he spoke quietly to himself before seeing a piece of paper under his axe blade.
The arsonist hesitated, glancing in every direction before cautiously picking up the paper. He read over the letter, seeing a picture of silverware and a silhouette of an egg. He glanced up and peeked around the area. "Bad and Ant finally cleaned up those vines a while ago. Now an invitation to a banquette? Something doesn't add up" he mumbled as he read over the invitation. "I have to see what this is about" he said as he walked inside the base and set the paper on the counter before going upstairs to get ready.

———

     The evening consisted of dancing and lots of chatter between the well-dressed guests...well, minus one. George stood in the middle of the dance floor holding a cup of juice dressed in his usual attire. Compared to the other guests, he wasn't very interested and only secretly came for the refreshments. As he took another cup, a hand rested on his shoulder, turning to see Bad. "George, why aren't you dressed up? I put it in the invitation" he asked with a smile.
     The male responded with a somewhat dull smile. "Oh, I was only here until Nick arrived. I guess I owed him a small favor, so here I am for now" he spoke. The demon nodded with a smile. "I see! Well, if you leave before dinner, then have a good day!" He said before leaving him alone.
     Not long after that, another hand rested on the brunet's shoulder. "Thanks, Gogy, I appreciate it" Sapnap spoke as he had one hand to his chest as if he hurried. "No worries. Nothing really happened yet, so since you're here, I'll take my leave then" he said as he waved at the arsonist while walking through the exit.
     The male hadn't had much time to take a look around and see the vines still hanging around and covering most of the room. Looking down, he took note of the nice red floor and red everything! He didn't really talk to anyone but did walk up next to Sam. He kept looking around and noticed Niki and Puffy in nice looking dresses. 'I wonder what (Y/N) would wear to this if she was here' he thought. A small smile made its way to his face as he tried to imagine what kind of (dress/suit) she would wear to dances or fancy banquets like this.
"Everyone, please come over to the table and take a seat as we wait for the food coming out very soon!" Ant announced as he and Bad made their way tot he table before everyone else. The small crowd made their way to the table and sat in the seats as instructed, but Sapnap noticed one chair empty. "Is the empty chair for George? He left earlier" Sapnap asked Bad, the demon looking over with a smile. "I suppose you're right. We have an empty chair, Ant" he said, turning to the cat beside him. "Oh yes, I had made sure one lats guest would arrive soon enough" he spoke. Sapnap hesitated but nodded. 'Maybe it is for George' he thought before Bad tapped his glass.
"Would anyone like to say any words before we dine?" Bad called, standing from his seat. Hesitation spread across the table, no one speaking a word. A fee people managed to make some speeches saying how they were surprised at Bad's changed behavior and they were proud that he had returned to his original self. The last speech, by Puffy, really touched everyone as she explained how she had her suspicions for the longest time after she had left the Egg's reign in the beginning. "I'm so proud that you've turned over a new leaf. Actually, we all have, haven't we?" She said, everyone lightly nodded in agreement.
Once she sat down, Bad chuckled. "Alright, will that be all of the speeches?" He asked before he chuckled once more. "Well, I want to say that I'm so happy that we can all be friends again. I have gotten a lot better considering the Egg's control over me in the beginning. I appreciate you all for coming and for forgiving me. I really do," he said before Ant shuffled in his seat to switch a lever. "Now, let us enlighten you all" he chuckled as lava poured from the ceiling behind the guests, catching them off guard as Puffy shouted "WE TRUSTED YOU, BAD! YOU SAID YOU WEREN'T FOCUSED ON THE EGG ANYMORE AND WE TRUSTED YOU!"
Bad and Ant had big smiles on their faces as the other people scuttled to the opposite end of the table from the cat and demon. "The Egg is so happy to have you all here!" He said, extending his arms out to gesture. "Hope you're all ready to be sacrifices to the Egg" he mumbles creepily as his eyes glow ever so slightly brighter in anticipation for the next half an hour or so.