Chapter 55: The Awakening

SMACK!

     A big red vine came out of nowhere and slapped
(Y/N) in the face. "ARE YOU OK?!" Sapnap asked, the woman holding her face in her hands as the vine smacked back onto the path. The woman stood there. "That vine is powerful!" She muttered, taking her hands away from her face. Blood dripped down from her nose, the man's eyes widened and started freaking out.
     "Hey, it's ok!" She called out to the pacing man. He hadn't heard what she said and kept walking around. She sighed and walked over to him. She held his face in her hands and let him stare into her eyes. "Am I crying?" She asked.
"No, but-"
"Am I limping?"
"...No"
"Am I dying?"
"...No"
     "Then you don't have to worry" she stated softly, her features softened into a slight smile. The man couldn't help but smile back. Damn, her eyes never looked so beautiful. With blood on her face, he could say she almost looked hot and badass. "Now let's go back home" she stated and began walking away.
     Sapnap had never seen her so soft. He could feel his heart rate speed up. He quickly caught up and watched as she wiped the blood away with her sleeve as if it was nothing.

——

     As they traveled back, they took note of the huge bloodvines that scattered the prime path and buildings. "When did this happen?" The woman asked. "Was it like this yesterday?" Sapnap asked. "I don't think so?" She answered, "wait...was it?" She asked. The two of them just stared at each other concerned. They continued down the path, taking in the sight of new red plants.
     "Hey Sapnap! Hey (Y/N)!" Someone called out. The two looked around to find no one. A figure in the distance was running towards them. As they got closer, it turned out to be Bad. "Hey guys! I found something and I want to show you guys!" He said as he stopped in front of them almost falling over if the two hadn't helped him stop. "Does it have to do with this red stuff?" (Y/N) asked, pointing her thumb at the red vines. "Yes actually" he said. The woman told him to lead the way, but the arsonist stopped her and dragged her a bit away.
"Why are you so keen on following him. Yes, it's Bad, but he could have something to do with this" he said. The woman looked at him for a second before putting a finger on her chin. "That's true...but if we find out what exactly it is, maybe we can stop it. It looks bad" she said. The man thought for a moment before shaking his head. "Fine, but I'm coming with you. No matter what decisions you make. Just...don't get yourself or us killed" he begged. The woman nodded and hugged the man. "I won't. I'll be careful".
Bad stood there awkwardly, rubbing his arm and looking everywhere but the couple. He noticed them coming back and he shuffled back to how he stood before. "Ok, let's go. Maybe we can learn about it" she said. On the inside, Bad fist bumped the air. But he didn't show it. He just smiled and beckoned them to follow.
He had a little skip in his step, which made the woman smile, thinking of how Bad was having a good day. They reached the entrance to the mob spawner and hopped in. Landing in the water, the three of them walked down the hall across from it, turning right. Walking down the stairs, Sapnap and (Y/N) grew anxious of what it could be that caused the vines. Bad stopped them from entering the room. "Long story short, I was digging this big room for someone and I found this randomly. I don't know what it is, but it's interesting. Come on" he walked out and stopped at the bottom of the stairs. The two others slowly walked down the steps and looked out into the open room. It was so much bigger than they thought. In the right corner close to the stairs was a big red thing.
The two stepped closer and Bad followed behind them. "Don't touch it. I don't know what it does" he said. He was still smiling at his mysterious find, even with no knowledge about it. The woman turned to look at the horned man. "How many people know about this?" (Y/N) asked. "Um, before the incident with Dream, it was Sam, Dream, myself, and AntFrost" he replied. The woman turned back to the round red thing. "So Dream knows about this..." she stated.