Chapter 16: The Duel for Freedom

Dream and Tommy were both cutting down their health to half a heart, both in a very weak state. Everyone had gathered to watch this duel take place. It was located in front of Punz's walls.

     Dream was with George, Sapnap, and Punz, watching the L'Manbergians prepare. Dream had reminded the colorblind man and the arsonist to keep acting, the day almost over and going home soon. George was ecstatic for this to be over, but Sapnap couldn't stop thinking about (Y/N). He was tempted to go over and wish them luck just to mess with them, but George and Dream had convinced him not to because they teased him for his 'crush'. It wasn't entirely a lie, but he wouldn't want the plan to get spoiled if he did anything where people were around. He would look at the woman once in a while, his heart telling him to go see her, but he remained in his spot.
     Tommy was surrounded by his fellow L'Manbergians and (Y/N), everyone very concerned and begging for him not to go through with it. Tommy refused to back down, having already stated the conditions and saying "it's too late to back down now." (Y/N) had asked Wilbur to take bring her closer to the blonde and she reached out to ruffle his hair for good luck. Soon, everyone did the same, earning a shout from Tommy in embarrassment and laughing from the others. Tommy looked over at Dream, seeing him walk to his spot to start. He then walked over to him, standing right in front of the masked man who might take his land.

     The conditions were that both people would be at half a heart. Both having a bow and arrow. They would stand back to back, holding the bow. Wilbur would count up from 1 to 10, the man and boy taking one step forward each number. Once Wilbur shouts "fire", the two would turn around and shoot.
Wilbur gave (Y/N) to Fundy, walking to the middle of the two, a little distance away as to not get shot, getting ready to count. Everyone waited for the duel to start, both sides tense and nervous.
The man held his arm up in the air and started to count.

"1"
Step.

"2"
Step.

"3"
Step.

"4"
Step.

"5"
Step.

The L'Manbergians grew more nervous as the numbers kept going, (Y/N) glancing at Sapnap, meeting his gaze. Her eyes held worry for Dream. Sapnap looked back at her and smiled a little, as if saying his friend will be fine, which relieved her. She held her worry on her face again to not give anything away.

"8"
Step.

"9"
Step.

"10"
Step.

Bows draw back.

"Fire!"

Dream and Tommy both turned around quickly, shooting at each other, both missing. Everyone grew more tense than before, watching the duel. (Y/N) held Fundy and Tubbo's paw and hand worried.
Tommy shot another arrow as he almost fell into the water, catching himself. Dream took that as an opportunity and shot another arrow, hitting the boy in the shoulder, pushing him in the water. The L'Manbergians gasp and try to go for Tommy, Fundy sitting the woman down before rushing over with Wilbur throwing his hat and coat off as he meet them at the spot that Tommy fell into.
As the L'Manbergians were too focused on Tommy and trying to jump in and pull him out, (Y/N) smiled at Dream, the masked man sending a thumbs up at her and walking over to Sapnap and George. Sapnap congratulated Dream before looking over at the sitting woman, blushing a little as he noticed her looking at him. Her face grew red and she turned away. He was about to run over to her and hug her, but noticed Wilbur coming out of the water holding the child. He gave the woman an apologetic smile, but she shook her head, indicating it wasn't the right time. He nodded and focused on Dream and George.
     Wilbur gave Tommy to Fundy and Tubbo to pull out of the water before he brought himself out, soaking wet. Tubbo started doing CPR, Tommy not responding for a few minutes before he coughed up water and a little blood. Tubbo and Fundy were trying to stop the blood as Tommy looked at Dream with a glare.
     Dream watched this all happen. "You will give me Mellohi tomorrow morning. No excuses" he said, George and Sapnap staring at Tommy, but Sap glanced at the woman for a moment, not letting his face faltering. Wilbur took note of this and walked in front of (Y/N). "Stop looking at her like that. She probably doesn't like how you look at her" he said, frowning and glaring at the panda man. Sapnap squinted his eyes a little and scoffed.
     Tommy sat up a little, struggling from the pain and bandages that Tubbo wrapped around him, Fundy telling him to stop resisting before walking over to the woman and holding her up, glaring at Sapnap. Tommy said something so bold and selfless that it even shocked Dream.

     "Dream, I will give you both disks for L'Manberg's independence" he said, shocking everyone there.