Chapter 19: A Quick Check-In

The walls of Manberg were taken down, the flag burned down by Fundy, the previous president's son, and taxes on Niki and (Y/N) significantly high. Schlatt held no remorse for anyone. He didn't let anyone mention Tommy or Wilbur's names, he would have to send them to jail.
     (Y/N) was sat at a table with Schlatt and Quackity, George standing at the entrance to the president's room as protection. They were currently working on discussing laws for the country, only starting off with a few. (Y/N) wrote them down as the goat man and Mexican discussed their ideas. It had been a few hours since they started, meaning everyone was getting tired.
     "Ok, let's discuss this more tomorrow. I'm tired and (Y/N), I have a task for you" President Schlatt said, watching Quackity leave the room as George remained in his spot. "What is it, Mr.President?" The woman asked, somewhat curious of what his idea was. "Well, I've been thinking about making WANTED signs for the two outlaws. I was wondering if you could do that for me?" He asked, not very kindly, but not all that rude either. More like a neutral/business manor. "I can do that. How big do you want them and where should I put them? How many should I make?" She asked, taking out a notepad to write down notes. "Not too big. Maybe two blocks by one block? You can put some around Manberg and some in the SMP. Make however many you want, I don't really care" he said. The woman nodded, put her notepad away, and stood up to leave. Schlatt watched her leave and took a breath, leaning back in his chair with a smile.

———

     The posters were put up and the woman just walked around Manberg, watching some people building a few houses and such. She held a big bag full of rolled up posters she made with Niki and was starting to put them up.
She started putting one up at the entrance of Manberg, making sure it was secure to the wood she put down. She noticed someone in the distance looking at her from her peripherals. She turned to look at them only for the person to walk behind a tree. She shook her head, ignoring what she saw and walked out of Manberg.
She put two at the community house, one at the nether portal, a few at Eret's castle (after asking permission and a small friendly conversation), and a few in the woods on the trees.
Everywhere she went, she noticed the person following her. She grew irritated, as one would be, and tried to hold back her anger. She walked towards her old house, but stopped before it came into her vision. She turned and saw the person hide behind the tree.
"Get out from behind the tree and show yourself! You're getting on my nerves and I will kill you. Don't be a coward!" She said, pulling out her iron sword. The person came out and put his hands up in surrender, the familiar mask staring back at her blankly. "Well, you were kinda threatening. I thought I should show myself because we're on the same team and you wouldn't want to hurt me" Dream said, (Y/N) could pretty much hear his smile. "Why are you following me? Someone else might be following me as well" she asked, making a point. "I wanted to see how you were doing. Dealing with Schlatt" he said, putting his hands down and walking a few steps towards the woman.
"Well, I'm not treated the best, but he hasn't hurt me. I don't think I'm useful to him" she admitted, putting her sword away and resting her hand on her hip. "Well, I'm glad you're holding up" he said, seeming mostly genuine. "I should keep putting up the posters. I wasted some of my time chatting with Eret when I put some up at his castle" she said. "Alright, well I hope you take care and don't let Schlatt do anything to you" he said. "I won't" she said. Dream lifted his mask a little to show his smile before he put his mask back down and walked away.

———

"I put up the posters like you asked" (Y/N) said as she walked into Schlatt's office. He turned in his chair to face her, his smirk rising to his face. "Good. Have you seen either of them while completing your task?" He asked curiously. "No" she said honestly. "Alright. Worth a try. Anyway, I don't have anything else for you to do for me, so you can do whatever until I call you in again" he said, turning back around in his chair. "Yes, Schlatt" the woman said, turning around and exiting the building.

(Kind of a filler chapter)