Chapter 54: Dream's End

After everything they've been through. The laughter they shared. The fights they've won. It all seemed to hurt more than they thought.
There he stood. Standing over Tommy while Tubbo had a sword to his throat behind him. The sight was almost unbearable. In the crowd that just entered the portal, Sapnap, George, and (Y/N) stood in the middle. They felt betrayed. Staring at who they thought was their friend.
Tommy called for Tubbo and both of them ran behind the three. Dream chased after Tommy before Sapnap pulled out his axe and blocked him. "Come any closer and I'll hurt you" he growled. (Y/N) stared daggers at Dream, feeling his eyes trail to hers, even behind his mask. The man backed away as Punz got closer to him. The woman had small tears in her eyes and tried to push them away. Sapnap lowered his axe as the man he thought was his friend talked to Punz. He turned to his side and saw George and
(Y/N) having tears in their eyes. It took everything in him not to bawl. He pulled the two into a hug, burying their heads into the crooks of his neck, no one else paying attention.
"What is this?" Dream asked, scoffing uncomfortably. "This is what happens when you mess with us" Punz stated. "You hurt Tommy. After everything, you betrayed us and fought on your own" he added. A few people noticed a hallway to the right of Dream. (Y/N) looked up and walked over, following Bad, Sam, Ponk, and Ant. There were item frames labeled for specific things. Weapons, pets, books. Even a cage labeled 'Skeppy'. 'What the hell is this?! Is he collecting stuff?!' She thought. Her eyes widened at the bucket of a fish called 'Mars'. Sapnap walked over and took his pet with anger in his eyes.
She also noticed a book with her name on it. Her attention was grabbed as she carefully took the book and opened it. The first page... it was her to-do list from her house. The one where she first met Technoblade and Dream. She almost began to sob right then and there, but she held herself together. Everyone took back their lost belongings.
"Tell them what this is, Dream! Tell them!" Tommy screamed. Dream hesitated, resulting in a punch to the face. "TELL THEM!!" He roared. Dream cowered for a second before answering, "These are your lost belongings. The things that were most important to you. Or at least, from what I could gather" he admitted. Silence filled the room. Tommy was about to step away before he caught a glimpse of something in a frame. He took it, wielding the weapon. The Axe of Peace...
Tommy began attacking Dream, the brown man calling for help, which no one came to his aid. Tommy delivered many hits on Dream, who didn't fight back. But once he was close to death, he screamed for the blonde to stop. "WAITWAITWAIT I HAVE SOMETHING THAT YOU WANT!! DON'T KILL ME!!" He screamed, backing away. Tommy listed everything Dream had done to him, from the war, to the discs, to the exile, and to the nightmares. "I-WAIT WAIT I HAVE A THING!!" He called once again, dodging the axe's attacks.
"What could you POSSIBLY have that I want?!" He yelled, pulling back the axe. "I CAN REVIVE WILBUR!" He screamed, arms over his face to block. Tommy hesitated before pulling the axe down slowly. "You-...what?" He asked in shock. Dream slowly peeked from behind his arms before setting them down to his sides. He was on the ground at this point. His mask partially broken enough for a long crack to appear as well as a view of his left eye.
Tommy couldn't move. (Y/N) slowly walked him, wanting a good look. She knelt down, holding her own sword, laying across her knees, staring into his one exposed eye. He was trembling in fear. Dear of death. He looked disheveled and weak, many cuts on his face, arms, and a long one over his stomach, through his green hoodie. "You mean to tell us that you can 'revive' Wilbur? Someone who has been dead for months?" She asked, her tone serious. The trembling man nodded. "Yes. I have something that can revive people" he confirmed. The woman's eyes widened a little, standing up and walking back to George and Sapnap.
Tommy mumbled his dead friend's name, a slight tremble in his breath. Tubbo was also shocked, standing beside Quackity. Sam stepped through the crowd and grabbed Dream's arm. He walked him to the wall opposite of the hallway and blocked him into an obsidian box so he couldn't get away. Sam watched as everyone walked over and surrounded the box a few steps away. Tommy stood in front of the box. "What do we do with him?" People asked. Tommy got an idea immediately. "Sam...?" The blonde asked. "Yeah?", "put him in the prison" Tommy said with a smile. The man in the box flinched, his visible eye widening. "You can't-" "We sure can. After what you've done, you deserve it. You don't deserve death. It's too nice for you" Sam said, walking over, broke the box, pulled him out, and escorted him out of the room with Ponk.
     Everyone stood in their places, processing the defeat of Dream. Tommy and Tubbo screamed "we did it" as they hugged, Niki and Eret joining in the hug. Everyone else released their tense muscles and some of them stayed behind to examine the structure and some others went home.
     "This was a long day" (Y/N) said, sighing. "Yeah. It wasn't what I had hoped to do, but the intensity was surely at it's peak" Sapnap replied, setting a soft hand on her shoulder. "Should we head back?" He asked, but the woman shook her head. "One second", she said, then walked away to find George. He wasn't too far, but he was chatting with AntFrost. "Hey, Gogy, are you ready to come home?" She asked. He looked over and smiled. "I'll meet you there, but you go have fun with your boyfriend" he teased. The woman's cheeks turned pink as she turns to Sapnap, holding his hand out for her.
     She takes his hand and they smile at each other, pulling each other into a tight and loving embrace (as much as one could while wearing armor). The two walk out of the portal into the real world. "What do you think will happen to Dream in the prison?" (Y/N) asked. Sap frowned a little at the thought. He looked over as he answered. "I hope he learns his lesson", "so do I".

     The two walk back to the base, relieved that the chaos is over...

         At least that's what they think...

                                                         for now...