Chapter 32: Temper

Tommy stared at the two on the wall as he watched the walls grow higher. Dream jump off the wall onto the ground. (Y/N) continued to build a little before she stopped and looked down to Dream. The man held his arms out and she jumped down, the masked man catching her easily and setting her down lightly. He put his pickaxe away and turned to Tommy with rage.
     "I don't give a fuck anymore. I don't give a fuck about anything actually! Any of this! I don't give a fuck about Spirit! Spirit was my horse. Died AGES ago. AND YOU THINK I KEPT A SENTIMENTAL ATTACHMENT TO HIM? YOU'RE WRONG, TOMMY!!!" He yelled. This sparked fear in everyone. Even the woman. She had never seen him like this and it frightened her.
     "Woah, calm down, buddy. There's no need to shout-" "TOMMY!" Dream cut Tommy off. Fundy opened his mouth to try and say something, but he held back, too terrified of how the man will retaliate. Tommy started to clench his hands into fists. "YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO! I'M NOT LISTENING TO YOU! YOU'RE NOT MY FATHER!" The boy shouted. Tubbo tried to tell him to stop, but of course he wouldn't listen. Ranboo just stood off to the side as he watched all of this occur, clearly not wanting to get involved in this. Dream shook his head. "I WILL BUILD THESE WALLS TO THE BLOCK LIMIT! I WILL HAVE PUNZ AND SAPNAP GUARD THE OUTSIDE TO MAKE SURE NO ONE GETS IN OR OUT" Dream screamed, getting close to Tommy's face, his mask seeming to look dark and angry. The boy was too shocked to respond.
     Dream turned and stepped toward Tubbo, standing in front of him. "You have 3 days to decide if you want to exile him or have these walls built higher. I hope you make the right decision" Dream said, staring at Tubbo for a second before taking (Y/N)'s hips and pushing her up to the top of the wall. She turned around and held her hand down for the man and pulled him up, continuing to build the walls taller.
     Tubbo shook his head. "Tommy, what did you do?!" Quackity asked, covering his face with his hands. "Tommy, why did you do that?! You might cause another war like this!" Fundy said, getting upset with the boy. Tubbo had heard enough and took a step forward. "BIG Q, YOU WERE IN ON IT, TOO! WHY ARE YOU SUDDENLY CHANGING SIDES LIKE THAT?! FUNDY, YOU WERE THE SAME WAY! YOU FOLLOWED THROUGH WITH TOMMY AND NOW YOU JUST SWITCH ON HIM LIKE THAT AS IF YOU TWO WERE INNOCENT!" Tubbo yelled, pointing at each of them. "I thought..." Tommy started, "I thought I could stand up to him...". "Well, you did and now we're in more of a mess than we were almost an hour ago!" Tubbo stated. "I'm going inside" he said, walking into the little hole in the wall to his country.
     Fundy and Quackity just stood there with Tommy for a minute until they also left to go inside. Tommy couldn't believe what he had done. He made the situation worse. Ranboo just watched everything, unsure of how to act. He looked unsure and lost, his friends arguing and starting to fall apart a little.
     (Y/N) paused her building to look at Tommy. She took in this rare look plastered on his face; one she might never see again She kind of smiled a little at this. She continued building after a second. Dream glanced at the woman and sighed, his mood had been ruined for the day. He didn't want her to see him like that, but he couldn't bottle it up anymore. He couldn't let Tommy talk down on him like he is superior. 'He's a child. He can't act all big and strong just yet. If Tubbo doesn't exile him, I can't deal with him more than I already do. He's such a pain in my ass' he thought.

———

     Dream and (Y/N) got home after building the obsidian walls higher. Sapnap was on the couch and looked at the door when he heard the handle rattle. George looked over as well, sitting on a single chair beside the couch.
     When the two walked in, they looked exhausted. Mentally and emotionally. Especially Dream. "What happened?" George asked, watching Dream set down his sword and laying down on the carpet in the middle of the living room. "Tommy thought he could get me to 'bow down' to him because he has Spirit's leather. I lost my temper. We built the walls higher as another warning" he said, sounding a little hoarse form his yelling he rarely did. Sapnap pat the spot beside him and (Y/N) walked over and sat there. Sapnap wrapped an arm around her shoulders and rubbed her shoulder to soothe her.
     "Tommy made us start taking down the wall because he had something valuable to each of us" the woman said, looking down at her hands in her lap. She was terrified that Tommy knew where she stayed and that something might happen to her home. The place she lived in for so long. Where she felt at peace. The man beside her pulled her shoulder towards him as a sympathetic gesture.
     "I'm sorry, (Y/N). You shouldn't have to see that side of me" the masked man apologized. The girl shook her head a little. "It's alright" she said. " I don't know how he got it, but it isn't too bad. He won't do anything without having me do something back" Dream stated, proving that he would protect her. "So will I. Seeing you get hurt or something happening to you would be a nightmare for me" Sapnap said, covering his mouth as everyone laughed. The woman sitting beside him put a hand on his chest and calmed down. "Thank you, Sap. I appreciate it" she said.