Chapter 3: Do You Trust Us?

They all sit in (Y/N)'s living room, her pacing back and forth across the room. Technoblade and Dream were sat on the couch, opposite ends. Dream's leg laid across his other like a "T", one arm around the back of the couch, the other on his leg; Techno just leaning forward, arms resting on his knees.
     "So you want me to join this "L'Manberg" place and spy on them?" She asked. Dream gave a simple nod. "What do I get out of this? There has to be a reason as to why, after stumbling across my house unintentionally, you ask me to help you. I've never heard of you or your friend. Not even this 'nation' you speak of" she groaned, an arm across her chest, her elbow resting on her arm as she held her hand under her chin.
     "I have a totem of undying, 3 stacks of diamond blocks, 8 stacks of iron blocks, and an enchanted set of netherite armor for emergencies" he spoke with no hesitation. Her eyes flicked over to him in shock, taking in the information that he displayed for her. "You're really desperate for a complete stranger to spy for you, aren't you?" She rhetorically asked.
   Techno kept looking between the two, curious if she would actually take the offer, knowing he definitely would if he was in her shoes. "Ok" she said nonchalantly. "When do I get my payment? If I should trust you, Dream?" She asked, a serious yet almost bored expression on her face. "I'll escort you to my base where my friends are in three days. You will get into L'Manchildberg the day after. Are you good at combat?" He asked.
She nods.

"Archery?"

She nods.

"Hand to hand combat?"

She nods.

"Anything else I need to know about you?" He asked, his hand on his foot moving to his chin. "Nothing that I can deem relevant at this second" she said, standing still, looking at the green hoodie man to lightly hint that she wants them out of her house.
He nodded, standing up slowly. Techno remained seated, not paying attention. Dream walked towards the front door, about to leave. "How can I contact you?" She asked. He turned and chuckled. "You can't wait 3 days?" He asked. "What if something happens to me?" (Y/N) asked, crossing her arms. "You'd protect yourself. You basically told me you were skilled, right?", "I did. I'm curious about how you'd respond." She admitted. He nodded, leaving. Techno walked past (Y/N) out the door, but paused right outside, Dream still walking. He turned to face the woman. "This is all so sudden. If you want to save yourself from any social interaction, try and find me if I'm around" he says, beginning to leave, before stopping once more. He turned around and asked another question.
"Do you trust us?" He asked with a blank face. (Y/N) almost didn't know how to respond. "So far, I'll leave that answer blank until I see for myself" she replied, leaning on her doorframe, arms crossed. He nodded. "Smart answer" he said. "If you need anything, you'll know where to find me" he said. She looked down in thought
"I don't know where to find yo-" she was cut off when she looked back up, seeing no one there. Him and Dream were gone. She just had to wait three days to decide if she'll trust them.