Chapter 41: The Sapnap Surprise

Sapnap was walking around the house waiting for (Y/N) to get home. Of course as he asked that, someone entered the building. "Oh, hey (Y/N)!" He greeted, a small blush on his face. "Hi! I brought some wheat to make more bread, since I noticed we were almost out" she said, walking to the kitchen, putting away the wheat. The panda man just followed and sat on the counter beside her.
     The woman took note of this. "What? Are you going to try and steal these cookies from me like a few days ago?" She joked. The man denied it. "Ok?" she said, still unsure of why he was so close to her (not that she minded). She walked towards the living room and sat down on the couch, taking out a stick and twirling it in her hands. The man followed her and stood behind her, his arms leaning on her head lightly, earning a chuckle from her lips.
     "What are you doing, you weirdo?" She asked as she held back from laughing. "Have you eaten today?" He asked out of the blue. The woman's eyebrow raised. "Is that what this is about?" She asked, smiling. "Well...in a way, yes" he replied, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. (Y/N) stared at him for a moment before turning to face him.
     "Tell me why you're acting this way, sir" she said, crossing her arms over the top of the back of the couch. "Acting what way?" He asked as if it was a stupid question. "What do you want, Sap?" She asked, getting a little confused and irritated. "Well, I have a surprise...for you" he said, blushing a little more.
     "Oh?" She asked, leaning closer to his face as she got to her knees on the couch. "Tell me!" She begged. "Not happening" he stated, crossing his arms with a smirk. "Fine. Show me" she gave in, watching as the man walked to the front door and waited for her.
     The two of them left the base, (Y/N) following behind Sapnap. Walking a few feet, the man suddenly put a blindfold over her eyes. "It's still me, don't worry. It's so the surprise isn't ruined" he said, chuckling at the woman who was slapping his arms lightly.

———

     The two had walked a while, taking turns and going up and down hills. The woman grew more irritated. "Sap, this is getting old. I feel like you're lying now" (Y/N) said, crossing her arms as the man guided her by her shoulders. The man began laughing, the woman turning and attempting to hit him, mug missing as he stepped out of the way.
     "Take me home or let me tear you apart" she said, as she tried to follow the sound of his movements, failing. "We're here. If you'll let me take off the blindfold, you can see it. I guess you don't want to see-" "Oh my GOD! FINE!" She yelled. She stood still, holding back from smacking him as he took off the cloth. She opened her eyes to something she never thought she would expect.
     Her eyes fell onto a simple yet cozy looking setting on a mountain, a blanket covering a large part of the grass as a little basket sat in the middle. It was almost sunset and there were little lights hanging from the trees, looking like fireflies.
     She was speechless, standing still as her brain tried to process the situation. Sapnap walked out from behind her, her eyes catching his. He stood near the blanket and looked away as a blush appeared on his face. The woman kept her gaze on the setup and took a few steps towards it, practically in awe. Suddenly, she turned her head to the side, a shadow casting over her face. Sapnap looked at her, feeling concerned, he walked over and almost touched her shoulder until he noticed something about her.
     Tears were falling down her face, she was trying to keep it in, but she had kept it to herself for so long that she broke the bottle of emotions. The man's face changed from confused to concern and sympathy. He touched her shoulder lightly, giving her a kind smile as she turned her face to look at him. Her gaze made him feel hurt, him not wanting to see her cry. He almost asked if she was ok, but that answer was obvious.
     "This is the nicest thing anyone has done for me. In my whole life. There has never been a person who had done anything nice for me. Before L'Manberg. Before Dream and Techno" she said, sniffling and trying to keep her voice from shaking. The man brought her into a hug, resting his head on top of her's as she hugged him tight. "I've never had friends before. Not even any family" she mumbled into his chest. A ping of sympathy hits and he squeezes her a little tighter, but tight enough to make her feel secure.
     They pull out of the hug, holding each other in their arms. He wiped away her tears as they looked at each other. Sapnap guided her to the scene, sitting down as he watched her hesitate. "What is this?" She asked. "It's a picnic. It's where one or more people sit on a blanket with a basket containing food and they just...hang out. Sometimes... as more than friends" he whispered the last part.