Chapter 17: The Election (Part 1): The Candidates

A week has gone by since Tommy gave up the discs for L'Manberg's independence. It was about time the war had ended, Wilbur had said, and we were all happy.
     On the day of the duel, Wilbur had written a declaration that stated: "YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!SUCK IT GREEN BOYYYYYYYYY!!!!", where everyone, except for the Dream Team, had laughed. Dream claim victory because L'Manberg is still part of the SMP, but Wilbur also claimed victory because we won our independence.
     Tommy has still not gotten over the loss of his discs, but he is happy about the outcome. Fundy isn't very fond of his dad, so he doesn't talk to him. He still talks to everyone else normally. Tubbo has stuck with Tommy as usual, once in a while talking with the others. Finally, (Y/N). She continued to stay in L'Manberg with the others. Obviously.
Wilbur had realized that he didn't want to just claim to be the president and decided to start an election. Wilbur would run as L'Manberg's president while Tommy was to be his right hand man. (Y/N) wasn't too thrilled with the idea, but had to act like she was all for it. They made a podium and a stage for the election and added seating in front of it.
Wilbur sent (Y/N) on a little mission to gather some resources to make banners and signs for the event. Fundy was kinda just ignoring Wilbur for some reason. Tubbo and Tommy were working on the podium and a few small details like making sure the mic was working and such.
It was the next day by the time everything was prepared; posters put up in the SMP and L'Manberg, the tech working, decorations all set, and the tech working for the stage. People had come from far away and from unknown locations just to witness the election candidate announcement.
Niki, Jack Manifold, Quackity, AntFrost, BadBoyHalo, Technoblade, and many others had come to the SMP and L'Manberg, whether it be to stay or just to visit for the event. (Y/N) was told to keep tally of who came to see the election and also was to announce the candidate and results. She was a little nervous, peeking out from behind the curtain to see the crowd. She took a breath before a hand landed on her shoulder. The woman turned to see Fundy giving her a supportive smile, which she returned and took a deep breath. The fox backed away as the curtains drew back, letting the woman step forward and walk up to the microphone. She looked through the crowd for a moment before she decided to speak.
"Welcome, everyone, to the first ever presidential election of L'Manberg! Today, we have one candidate that will be participating" she said, reading from her small card she held. "Uh, the party of POG2020, Wilbur and his second in command Tommy!" She said, stepping to the side of the stage, letting Wilbur and Tommy walk up. The audience clapped a little and settled down as they waited for the man to speak.
"Hello everyone! My name, as some of you know, is Wilbur Soot and I am here with my right hand man, TommyInnit. I am running for president, as I didn't feel like it was fair to just elect myself. I created this election, with the help from the other L'Manbergians, to make it more fair. I want to keep this nation safe and independent as it's own country. We fought Dream for independence for so long and finally we won! Even if he claims victory as well... Thank you" he concluded, walking to the other side of the stage. (Y/N) took that as a sign to walk back up to the microphone to conclude the session.
"Alright, we'll that was all for the candidates. Thank you everyone for com-" "WAIT!!! WE WANT TO RUN!!" A scream was heard from behind the woman. She turned and saw Fundy and Niki panting from behind her. She stepped to the side as Fundy walked up to the mic. "I'm also going to run for president with my second in command, Niki!" He spoke into the mic. Wilbur was surprised and had no words for a moment he walked up to the mic and spoke. "The candidate sign up is closed, sorry. No one else can join the election. It closed yesterday-" "I also would like to run!" Another voice was heard, cutting Wilbur off. Quackity and George walked up to the mic and stated they, too, were joining the election.
A light clap was heard from the front of the stage near the audience. A man in a suit, ram horns, and mutton chops walked up the stairs to the stage and walked over to where the candidates and announcer stood. "I'm running as my own president" he said, earning another shocked expression from Wilbur.
'Well, this isn't going to go well...' (Y/N) thought.