Chapter 39: Exile Check-Up

(Y/N) sat behind Dream in the wood boat, traveling to check on Tommy. It had been two days since his exile and Dream had invited her to come along. He had told her that she didn't have to come, but she insisted this time.
     The island came into view as Dream began slowing down. Coming to a stop, he let the woman step out of the boat before he broke the boat. The two of them walked up to a tent that sat near the beach, Tommy and Ghostbur in the distance breaking down trees. At least, Tommy was. Ghostbur was sitting in a tree watching the boy.
     "Hey Tommy" Dream said, waving at him, Ghostbur waving back instead. Tommy didn't seem in too bad of a mood, so he waved back. He began explaining what he had done and gave Dream and (Y/N) a tour of "Logstedshire", a little area of the island with a small house and barrels inside a wood wall around it. Dream nodded along, the woman beside him looking around. Ghostbur began to talk with her, distracting her from Tommy.
     "Hello (Y/N)!" Ghostbur greeted happily. "Hey Ghostbur, how have you been?" She asked, sending him a small smile. He reminded her a little of the old Wilbur, but more of his childish and innocent side. If he had one. "I'm doing alright! It rained a little yesterday and I started to burn. But I'm ok! It didn't hurt too much" he replied, almost bouncing around. The woman nodded, laughing a little at his behavior. "Have you been here the whole time?" (Y/N) asked.
     "Yeah I have! I built Logstedshire and I talked with Tommy during the day. When it became night, I just looked around the island and talked with the dolphins" he said. The woman looked at him with a small smile. She liked this Wilbur more than the original. "Well, I'm glad you're alright, Ghostbur" she said. The ghost just lightly blushed and giggled. "You're so sweet" he replied, hiding his face for a minute until he remembered something. "Here, have some blue! It's for the future if you get upset. Save it for when you need it. Also, here's a blue flower I found last night" he said as he handed the woman some blue dye and the flower. She took them and put them in her satchel. "Thank you, Ghostbur" she said, giving a little nod. He just nodded back with a smile as Dream walked up from behind the woman.
     "It's time to go. Unless you want to stay a little longer" he said. "I...think I'll stay a little longer" she said, looking at the man behind him. "Here's an extra boat for when you're ready to come back. There's no curfew, so take your time" he said, setting his boat in the water. He waved at the woman as he sailed away, growing smaller as the distance grew.
     (Y/N) watched until Dream got out of her view before turning to see Tommy staring at her. She felt awkward, avoiding eye contact and standing tall, trying to make herself look a little tough. "Why are you staying?" The boy asked, glancing at Ghostbur chasing after a butterfly a few feet away. "I just thought that" she paused, "you might want company" she said, her face still neutral. The boy's eyebrows furrowed at her answer. "I have Ghostbur. I don't need to see you. Not after you betrayed me and the others. Tell me the real reason" he said, crossing his arms. The woman felt a sweat drop slowly fall down her face slightly nervously. "Well, honestly...I wanted to talk to Ghostbur about some things" she said, tilting her head to the side slightly as she continued to avoid eye contact.
     Tommy shook his head. "Go ahead. I have things to do anyway" he stated as he turned around and walked towards Logstedshire. (Y/N) turned and noticed Ghostbur sat on the ground just looking at the sky. The woman sat down beside the ghost, looking at him curiously.
     He looked beside him to see the woman, giving a friendly smile, to which she didn't return. "Ghostbur, I have some questions for you" she said. The ghost in question watched as she hesitated before asking her first question. "Do you remember anything?"