Chapter 44: Technoblade's Execution (Part 2)

Tubbo noticed this and walked over. "(Y/N), you know, you betrayed us" he said, causing the woman to stop wriggling in the fox's grasp. "So what? What does that have to do with this?" She asked, unsure of where this was going. "Well, we do have a spare anvil. I'm sure a new execution will work" he said, staring at her. The woman's teeth clenched in anger, glaring at the boy in front of her. "Fundy, put her in the cage" he instructed, the fox doing as told.
Philza couldn't do anything about this so he could either watch or not look, so he ended up watching even if it hurt. Ranboo was in the furthest seat from the podium in shock and afraid of the result, but he felt as if he should watch. The cage might be where he would go in the future if he wasn't careful.
Tubbo walked back to the stage, stepping toward the podium. Fundy, while still having a hold of her, grabbed all of the woman's belongings and threw them into a chest near one of the seats in the back row. Quackity had returned with a huge nasty gash from his lower lip through his eye up to his forehead, but he looked angry and determined. He stood near the cage with (Y/N) inside and made sure to keep an eye on her with his one good eye.
Tubbo cleared his throat for his new announcement. "We have a new last minute execution. Someone who betrayed us after the last war. We had thought she was on our side, but finding out that she lied to us and learned about us from the inside. Learning our weaknesses, speaking with another traitor we once had at the time. Working for Dream has paid off, but not anymore" he finished, the anvil set up at the top of the tower.
"Before we start, I want to say that...I'm sorry, Dream, but she deserves this for the pain she's caused L'Manberg in the past. This is nothing personal. This is just to even the field" he announced as if Dream was listening. The woman looked up to the bird man on the balcony with sad eyes, causing the man to tear up a little, seeing her as his own daughter in a way. He mouthed an apology as she nodded. She mouthed back "it's ok" before Fundy called out "EXECUTE! EXECUTE!" Over and over again, Quackity tagging along. The President didn't even crack a smile as the beanie man slowly made his way to the lever. He set his hand on it and looked at Tubbo.
"Are you ready, Mr. President?" Quackity asked with a nasty grin. The boy looked back and smirked slightly, almost a look of regret in his eyes as he hesitated before nodding his head.
"5"
"4"
"3"
"2"
"1"

"Let the execution commence!"

——

Sapnap ran over to the hill that Dream stood on, watching everything. The panda man stared over at the execution sight for a second, glancing at Dream who nodded, before springing over. He didn't care how tired he was running all this way because he had to see it. After what he heard, he couldn't stand by. Even if it's to leave his post. For her.
He sprinted, noticing the anvil falling. He noticed Fundy alone in the empty seats as the anvil crashed onto it's victim. Tubbo and Quackity looked at the cage, waiting for any movement from the victim. Sap almost got to the stage when the anvil landed. He ran onto the stage and saw the cage, a limp woman leaning against the iron bars, and the anvil in the middle.
He held (Y/N)'s body close as he tried to listen for a heartbeat. He couldn't find one at first, but when he did, he let out a large sigh of relief. He felt her head for a bump, but realized that when he pulled his hand away, here was a lot of blood. His blood boiled with rage. "WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO HER?!" He shouted, causing everyone to flinch at his tone.
"Sapnap, it had to be done. She needed to learn her lesson after betr-" "BETRAYING YOU?! THAT WAS IN THE PAST, TUBBO!" The man cut in. He held the woman closer if he hadn't already. Tears pricked his eyes as he stared at the woman's resting face. He didn't know how to process this and wanted to burn everything in his path. A hand fell on his shoulder and he flinched, looking up to see the white smiley face mask of his friend. Dream tilted his head to the side as if saying to go home.
The arsonist stood up, holding the woman in his arms, and slowly walked towards his home. He needed to get her better. He couldn't lose her.
Not now.

Not ever.