Chapter 5: The Base

Sapnap walked alongside (Y/N), behind Dream and George, the two arguing over something stupid she presumed. Techno, like before, in the back by himself. They all finally got to a large structure. Dream opened the doors for everyone else, George being the first one to walk in, sticking his tongue out at Dream. After everyone piled in, Dream ended at the back of the group. He lightly pushed through to the front and George went to what looked like a kitchen in the back left room.
     "This is the Dream Team Base. This is where we live. Except Techno. He lives on his own somewhere" Dream said, looking at Techno, only for Techno to say "Yeah. I should get going, I have to tend to my potatoes now. I'll see you around" he said nonchalantly, sending a wave to (Y/N), earning a wave back. Once he was gone, she turned around to look back at Dream and he led her around.

——

She sat down at the couch in the living room, sighing as she had pulled out a book to read. George walked in and waved at (Y/N) before sitting down at a desk in the corner of the room. Before she knew it, he passed out, soft snores coming from the corner of the room. She frowned and rolled her eyes awkwardly, getting up to go read somewhere else, but not before seeing Dream and Sapnap talking about something.
"Did you get horses while you were out?" Sapnap asked the masked man. Dream nodded, responding with "I got four of them this morning, one just in case we lose one or one dies". Sapnap nodded as he took in the info. "I made sure to get weapons and make tons of bread for exploring. And as backup food" Sap said, pointing to the door leading outside and the kitchen. Dream nodded, "Nice job, Sap. Is there anything else we need to get?" Dream asked himself and his friend. (Y/N) tuned out after that little segment of conversation. She continued reading her book and smiling a little once in a while.
It wasn't until she heard a thump that made her look up from her book. She saw Dream drop a small brown sack onto the table in the kitchen, causing her to get a little irritated at how easily startled she got. Sapnap walked up to her with a smile, leaning on the side of the couch. "So, whatcha readin' there?" He asked, curiously. "Oh, it's a book from my house. It's a story about a war and how both sides are very powerful, trying to come up with different techniques for battle. I guess you could say it's an adventure book, but helpful with learning different tricks and such" she explained, pointing to the cover. "Ah, sounds neat. I came over here to politely bug you, since I'm bored" he said with a chuckle. She gave a small smirk, standing up, holding her book. "I can put my book away and we can go do something" she replied, admitting she was also partially bored.
Sap punched the air quietly behind (Y/N)'s back, happy he will get some bonding time with the newcomer. Honestly, he was very curious as to why he had never seen or heard of this woman before. 'Dream brought a random woman from the woods to be an ally? How does that work?' Sap thought. He really wanted to befriend the woman when she got here, so that's what he was going to do. He collected himself and waited outside her bedroom door, letting her put away her book. She walked out a minute later and smiled at him a little.
"So, what do you want to do?" She asked, curious as to why he wanted to spend time with her and not either of the other boys. "Well, I want to get to know you. You're here to help us, so might as well learn about you and be friends. Wouldn't want any bad blood on our side, right?" He asked, a chuckle escaping his lips afterwards. She nodded in agreement, letting Sapnap lead the way to wherever they were going.