Chapter 59: Watchdog

Two weeks later...

     Sapnap watches the vines, seeing the drastic growth over the past few weeks after noticing them growing back. He tries to light them with flint and steel, burn with lava again, cover it with water, and surround it with ice with no results. He hadn't expected this task to be so annoying.
"Hey!" Someone called out. The arsonist looked up to see none other than (Y/N) walking towards him. His face immediately brought up a warm smile as he saw the beautiful woman approach him. He opened his arms and watched her walk to him, wrapping her own arms around his body. "What's up? Came to check on me?" Sap teased, smirking playfully. "As if" she said, smushing his face in her hands. He laughed and lightly smacked her hands away, keeping his girlfriend in sight.
     "I came to let you know that I'll be checking up on Bad. He invited me to lunch, so I accepted. If I need you, I'll try and send a message."
     His eyebrows furrowed. "Are you sure you don't need me to cone with you? Even to watch from afar?" He asked, crossing his arms. "If you do, he'll get suspicious and run off" she said with a sigh. "Alright fine. But be careful, he could be dangerous. Maybe he has other people convinced about the egg" he spoke, concern laced in his voice. "I'll be fine. You can worry later. Right now, I should get going" she said, hugging him once more as he set his chin on her head a she took in her scent. The moment was cut short when someone cleared their throat. The two turned to see George. "Nick, I need to talk to you." He said, his tone a little dark. The two looked at each other before she started to leave.
     "What's wrong?" Sapnap asked his friend. George never called him by his real name unless it was serious. Usually. "It's Mars. He's gone."

———

     The arsonist cleared through the chests, his enderchest, and the whole base angrily. "WHERE THE FUCK IS MY FISH?!" He screamed, the colorblind man behind him dodging his head from a book. "I went in the chest to look for any spare leather and I noticed he wasn't there. I checked the whole room and found nothing" he spoke calmly yet upset. His friend's prized possession is gone. And he could do nothing about it.
     "I cant-" he sighed as tears formed in his eyes. He never let anything make him cry, but...this fish was his own pet. His friend. "He's gone" he cried. "We don't know if he's dead, but I doubt it. He's a strong fish" George said, setting a hand on his friend's back. "I promise, we'll find him eventually" he says as he walks away to give Sapnap space. The man then notices a little vine in the corner if the room, cuts it off, and throws it into the blue fireplace, watching with wide eyes as the vine shrivels up and burns away.

Meanwhile...

     (Y/N) sat at a table in front of Bad and Ant, chatting away as they ate steak and fish. The woman on the other hand only ate a few berries, not feeling very hungry. The two bickered before the demon asked, "What do you think, (Y/N)?".
     The woman looked up from the plate, not paying attention to the conversation. "What were you asking about?" She apologized. The demon and cat waved at her. "It's alright, we were just asking if you think the Egg will be alright if we covered it" he responded. "Um, I'm not sure, you would probably know the answer to that since you know more than I do. But since you need another opinion, sure" she said, looking at Ant, who gave a thumbs up. "Awesome! That settles it! We will build a protective case around it so no one else can try to break it" he said happily wrapping an arm around the cat.
     "We have obsidian, right?" Ant asked. "I do, what about you guys?" The demon asked. Bad nodded before looking towards the woman. "I don't know about you, but I don't carry obsidian on a daily basis" she retorted, yet the demon found it as a joke. "No worries, here's some of mine! Let's get going!" He called before heading toward the egg's room, the cat and woman following suit.