Chapter 56: Just a Little Check-Up

"Of course he knows...just not how much it's grown" Bad mumbled the last part. (Y/N) heard it and sighed, turning back to look at the egg. "So..." Sapnap started, "how can we destroy it?", "WELL HOLD ON A SECOND!!" Bad called out waving his hands. He stood there with the two's eyes glued onto him as he began sweating nervously at his sudden outburst. "We should go look through books and see if we can't find anything on the matter!" He said, smiling nervously, his white orbs slightly furrowed in nervousness, his huge white grin faltering slightly. "He has a point" the woman said, glancing over to Sapnap for a reaction. "Yeah, besides, it hasn't hurt any-" he got cut off by (Y/N)'s stern and unamused expression. "...let's go find research!" He cheered with an awkward smile as Bad led the way out of the strange room.

——

Hours upon hours of reading had caught up to the three of them. Bad was distracted by a cook book, Sapnap fell asleep halfway through his first book, and (Y/N) was reading through her 5th book with droopy eyes. "This isn't helping. I can't find anything about these vines...or the egg thing!" The woman snapped as she slammed the book closed, Sapnap jolting awake his bandana over his eyes. He adjusts it back onto his head properly and looked back at her. "How long have we been here?" He asked. The woman sat up and popped her back before walking to the window. "About...3 hours give or take?" She answered, looking to him. "That's it?! Man, this is the boring part of research" the arsonist pouted as he leaned back on a random pile of books.

The woman glanced over to Bad, who was closing the cook book he read and turning to the two. "Yeah I found nothing. I tried, ok? But the recipes were too good to pass up!" He whined, hugging the book. The two others laughed lightly at his behavior. 'Badboyhalo...never change' she thought while she shook her head playfully. "Well, I don't know about you boys, but I'm starving!" (Y/N) stood and set her hands on her hips as she sets her weight on one leg with a knowing smile. Sapnap immediately propped up and punched the air. "AWW YEAH! Food sounds SO GOOD right about now!", where Bad just stood there with a smile. "Yeah, I should probably go and monitor the egg in case something does happen" the demon said, twiddling his fingers together shyly. "You don't want to join us? It won't be long! You can go to the egg after! C'mon, we won't bite! Besides, when was the last time you hung out with me or Sap?" (Y/N) asked with a smirk. The demon hesitated before his smile grew bigger. "Yeah, maybe your right. It can wait a little longer. A little food won't kill anyone, right?" He rhetorically asked as he let the two file out before him as they headed to Niki's bakery.

The vines reached as far as the bakery on the other side of L'Manberg. It was insane how far it could go from the source. The three walked and once in a while cut off a vine or two that had covered the path as they walked. "It's just...everywhere" (Y/N) said, astonished. "Yeah, but let's not let that take our focus away until after food" Sap said as he licked his lips imagining the food Niki could prepare. "Maybe I should ask Niki how to bake? I feel as if we rely on her for food sometimes, especially sweets. Maybe giving her a break wouldn't-" she stopped when she saw the bakery with all lights off and looking slightly abandoned. She sprinted to the door and read the sign.

'Out to get more supplies. I'll be gone maybe a week for other errands, so apologies if you wanted any sweets! I'll be back soon!

-Niihachu <3'

Sapnap fell to his knees dramatically. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS?!" He shouted, fake tears at the corners of his eyes, almost anyone would be able to tell they were real, but not (Y/N). "C'mon. I can make us something at home. Do you still want to join us? You can say no if you'd like" the woman offered to the demon. "Yeah, I think I'm gonna go eat at home. I'll probably check on- uhh...Skeppy! Uh to make sure he's ok!" Bad recovered as he waved at the two. The woman waved back as she practically dragged the arsonist to their base for a bite.