Chapter 49: Lost

(A/N: A friend on my discord server made this for me! I asked for permission before using it, so don't panic!!

Check out @yixstxr on Wattpad!!

Anyway, back to the story that I apologize for taking so long to update!!)

     (Y/N) runs into the base, slamming the door behind her, sliding down against it. She balled up, arms wrapping around her legs, head leaning on her knees. 'What do I do? Follow Dream? Follow Sapnap and George? Do they even know that Dream is falling off the edge?' She thought. She heard shuffling and she stood up and fixed herself as quickly as she could. She brushed the small tears from the corners of her eyes and cleared her throat quietly. She noticed Sapnap come from around the corner, summoned by the close of the door behind the woman's back.
"Hey, you're back! Are you alright?" he asked. She didn't know if he noticed her small breakdown a moment ago or if she had a sad look on her face. Could he read her face? "Oh, I'm alright. Just had a little freak out. I'm good now" she said, walking past him. She felt like he knew she brushed him off, but he seemed to understand. "Have you talked with Dream recently?" he asked. She paused, turning around to come face to face with him. Her cheeks felt a little warm. "Once. Earlier today. Why?" she asked. He crossed his arms and thought. "Well, he hasn't been here for a while. At least as far as I know. I know he's not been himself. He hasn't spoken to me or George for a few days. He always at least says 'hi' or something" he responded.
(Y/N) looked at him with a little sadness. She felt bad for them. "I'm sorry, I can't imagine what's it's like for you and George right now" she said, hugging him. He hesitated, not used to her hugging him, but he hugged back, wanting to take in this chance. "It's alright. George and I have been talking and we wanted to know if you would join us. Dream has been acting strange and we don't like it. Whatever he's planning, I feel like he doesn't want us to get involved. Or he stopped caring about us" he added. She looked at the man's face, mixed with slight annoyance, anger, and sadness. The woman took a moment, held the man's hand and quietly apologized. "Yes, I'll join you and George" she answered, not having a second thought. teh man smiled, holding her hand in his as they stood there. "Gogy is taking a nap right now. I'll let him know that you're joining us when he wakes up" he said. (Y/N) nodded.

----

Sapnap and (Y/N) went on a picnic as they waited for their friend to wake from his nap. The two held a little bit of comfortable silence while they attempted to change the subject. Dream was their friend. Why was he acting so strange?.
A grumble caused the two to look up to see the colorblind man rubbing his eyes from the sleep. "I woke up a few minutes ago and couldn't find you" he spoke groggily towards Sapnap. "Yeah, well I told (Y/N) about what we discussed earlier" the arsonist said, nodding towards the woman sat in front of him. "That's good. So, are you in?" He asked, almost fully awake. The woman nodded, which put a smile on George's face.
     "Well, that's good news!" He said, raising his arms in a stretch. The woman stood up and walked past George but not without fixing his bedhead. The male scoffed and walked behind her as Sapnap followed along with the picnic blanket rolled up under his arm.
     They walked back to the base chatting. The three of them were having as much fun as they could in this time of quiet. (Y/N) opened the door, but not before George held it open for her. "Ladies first" he said. The woman curtsied playfully and walked in. Sapnap walked in behind her as George repeated the line. The two boys ended up play wrestling each other and chased each other around the first floor of the base.
     (Y/N) feeling like the only adult, walked into a room where maps and notes scattered around. "Seems like the boys were planning a lot before I came around" she muttered to herself, a sad smile plastered on her face as she scanned the room. She picked up a chair that has fallen over and set it in front of one of many desks. Dusting the seat, the woman sat down and pulled out a piece of paper. She looked over at some of the notes and remembered that Dream wasn't the same. The plan with her being a spy for them replayed in her mind. The memories of when she hung out with Dream, George, and Sapnap for the first day or two was probably one of the only best memories she ever had. Her life changed because of Dream. He let her work for him. He let her be friends with his friends. He let her stay with them.
     Now that she thought about it...she never got what he promised her.