Chapter 22: The (Red) Festival

(Y/N) was blown back by the blast, as well as Tubbo, Schlatt, and Quackity. She tumbled off the side of the stage and fell a few feet from the ground. She felt a little dizzy and a ringing echoed in her ears, her vision a little wobbly. She fought her sleepiness and stood up shakily. She looked around at the events that were happening.
     Technoblade grew hungry for death and continued shooting fireworks into the crowd, people fleeing and some getting blown back from the impact. She heard a scream that she knew all too well. TommyInnit stood right on the stage looking at Tubbo's limp body laying on the stage. Her eyes widened a little at the sight, attempting to get to him, only to get picked up by Techno as he ran. She tried reaching out for Schlatt, watching him stare at her with shock, telling Quackity and George to run after her to get her back.
     The woman screamed out for Quackity, giving the man determination to run faster, regardless of his lack of breath. Unfortunately for him, he grew tired and fell into a river, losing Techno and the woman in the process.
     Techno didn't let her go until he reached the side of a hill. He set her down gently, letting her lean on the hill for a minute to regain herself. The ringing was still in her ears, but she wasn't as dizzy as before. The man with the pig mask crouched down and lifted her face up to see the damage. She looked into his eyes, remembering when he shared interests with her when they first met. He sighed and broke some dirt to show a little room in the hill. He picked up the woman again, walking into the room, closing the hole behind him. He walked to the back of the room, walking down a spiral staircase, causing the woman to be confused and concerned.
     When they got down a few more steps, she looked out upon a long ravine, decorated with lanterns and bridges going across some of the naturally spawned ledges. She also noticed a campfire on the floor of the long cave, thinking Techno stayed here, until she noticed conversations.
     They got to the bottom of the staircase when Techno set her down on the floor of the ravine, handing her a potion of healing. She hesitated, looking at him for a moment before drinking the pink liquid. It almost tasted like berries, but the aftertaste wasn't as pleasant.
     Wilbur, Niki, Tommy, and Tubbo were talking a few feet away from the two, turning their heads at the sounds of (Y/N)'a coughs from the potion's aftertaste. Wilbur walked over and gave a smile, which seemed very off, Niki beside him. "Well, I'm glad you're ok. Your face looks bad, but the potion Techno gave you will heal it up to be a scar" he said. The woman noticed his disheveled hair, dark bags under his eyes, and the loss of twinkle in his eyes. He had gotten rid of the L'Manberg uniform he used to always wear. She also noticed Tommy, also not wearing his uniform, staring daggers at Techno.
"Go ahead, Tommy, yell at him" Wilbur said, trying to provoke the angry boy. Niki tried to reason with Wilbur, failing as he reassured her that it would be alright. He seemed to really want to rile up the poor kid. "Wilbur, you're not helping the situation" (Y/N) finally spoke up. The man looked at her before looking away, as if she wasn't there. Niki sent her a sympathetic and apologetic smile, where the healing woman returned, but stared at the man in the trench coat. That man started to irritate her a little.
"WHY DID YOU TRY AND KILL TUBBO?!" Tommy asked, anger filling his face. "I was peer pressured to do-" "FUCK PEER PRESSURE! THE 'BLOOD GOD' TECHNOBLADE GIVES INTO SLIGHT PEER PRESSURE?! I DON'T BELIEVE IT" Tommy screamed. Techno kept quiet. (Y/N) knew that not even Techno could shut the kid's mouth. She knew of his "peer pressure" situation and she didn't blame the man. If she was in his position, all eyes on her, she would try not to snap under all that pressure.
     "It's not that easy, Tommy" Techno said, trying to speak to the boy without him exploding with rage (as much as he already was). "I'll go make a pit and you two can duke it out there" Wilbur spoke up, walking away nonchalantly, a slight skip in his step, starting to dig a little hole in the side of the ravine wall. Once he finished, he pushed Techno and Tommy over to it. (Y/N), Tubbo, and Niki stood on the sidelines watching everything happen. Techno jumped down in the pit, looking up at Tommy to see if he would do this. Tommy jumped into the pit, standing across from the pig-masked man, flames in his eyes.