Chapter 21: The Festival

"Welcome to the festival! I want to thank you all for coming. It shows me that you all care and that those of you who lived here before my reign don't want to live by the rules of the past" Schlatt said into the mic.
It had been three days since the announcement of the festival. Everything had been decorated, games were made for guests, and food and beverages were provided for everyone. The guests had a lot of fun with everything and when it was time for the festival to start, everyone headed to the seats in front of the stage and waited for the curtains to open. Out walked the president and his team.
On the stage, Tubbo stood behind Schlatt (in the middle of the stage), Quackity to the right of Schlatt, George on the left, and (Y/N) was at the very end of the left side of the stage. In the audience, Fundy was clapping loudly and cheering, while most of the others just clapped.
"This wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for my right hand man, Tubbo, and (Y/N). Give them a round of applause!" He said, earning a louder clapping from the people. Tubbo glanced at his friend on the stage, unable to make eye contact. He frowned slightly before looking back out at the audience. "Tubbo has prepared a speech for this special event, so I want to give him the stage. Give it up for Tubbo!" He cheered, stepping over with Quackity as the boy started shaking as he walked up to the mic.
"Thank you all for coming. It really shows that this country has changed for the better. We had rats in this nation, ones that we chased away. For good. Now, we have no walls to limit the land, no vermin to betray us, and plenty of good people now. And, we can't forget, our wonderful president! Give it up for Schlatt for his hard work!" He said, motioning to the said man, watching him wave at the audience with a smirk.
Tubbo then started going on about how Manberg is like a head of lettuce, which earned some laughs from the audience and a slight chuckle from (Y/N). He took a breath and swallowed down his nerves and almost continued, but was cut off by Schlatt's deep chuckles. The boy started sweating nervously.
"Schlatt? Is something funny?" He asked the man. "Oh, it's nothing, Tubbo. Is there something else you wanted to say?" He asked. Tubbo thought for a moment before speaking. "Uh nope. With that, I want to thank you all for coming once again! Let the festival begin!" Tubbo said and looked at everyone with open arms.
Everything was quiet. Schlatt leaned over to Quackity and whispered something in his ear, handing him something. Quackity and George started moving towards the boy, surrounding him in concrete. He was trapped in the podium.
"Tubbo, I want to let you know something. I know what was supposed to happen. Audience, please take a look at a TRAITOR!" He shouted, almost spitting as he shouted. Everyone's eyes widened, shocked. "I trusted you! I gave you a better life than what that other guy gave you! I saw you like a son. My right hand man" he said, walking around Tubbo's prison. (Y/N) watched in shock, unable to do anything, knowing she might get accused of being a traitor as well.
"S-Schlatt I- What do you mean?" Tubbo tried asking, but failed to do so calmly. "YOU'RE WORKING WITH THE TWO PEOPLE I THREW OUT OF THIS COUNTRY, TUBBO!!!" Schlatt shouted in the boy's face. Tubbo was shaking at this point. "Do you know what we do to traitors?" He asked calmly as he turned back at the audience. Tubbo was unable to answer. "We execute them" he said, staring at Tubbo from the corner of his eye.
"Mr. President, you mean...he's a traitor?" (Y/N) asked from her spot, looking at the goat man with confusion. He nodded. "He's your friend. Well, was" he said, looking at her. "Does she have anything to do with you and Wilbur and Tommy? Be honest or I will kill her too" He asked Tubbo. "No, Schlatt. She had no idea. I didn't tell her. She isn't involved with this" he said sincerely. "I had nothing to do with what he was doing. I didn't even know he would leave Manberg" she admitted, feeling a little betrayed. "Well, looks like you lost a friend" Schlatt said. Tubbo tried to make eye contact and apologize, but she kept her gaze away from him, her eye brows furrowed, but looked back up at him with a small smile as if saying 'it's ok'.
"Technoblade, would you mind coming up to the stage?" The ram president asked, pointing at the man with the pig mask. He threw his trident up and landed on the stage with ease. "Techno, I want you to take him out" the president said. "Uh, like, for dinner? Cause, there's a bakery nearby and I don't think having desert for dinner is healthy" Techno said, earning a slight chuckle from (Y/N) and Tubbo's mouths. The two bickered back and forth for a minute or two before Schlatt lost his patience. "I want you to kill him" he said, cutting to the chase. Techno looked at Tubbo for a moment before looking behind him at the audience, a sweat drop gliding down his face. He turned back to the imprisoned boy and smacked him with a loaf of bread, before pulling out his crossbow. "Ohhh, ruffing him up a little?" The goat man asked, somewhat teasingly.
(Y/N) could barely hear Techno apologize to Tubbo before triggering the fireworks in his crossbow at the box.