Chapter 40: Questions About Ghostbur

(Y/N) sat down in the boat waving to Ghostbur and Tommy, but only the ghost waved back. The boy stared at her with hatred and disgust. She just shrugged it off and sailed away. She couldn't help but think back to Ghostbur's answers.

     *"Well, I remember waking up in a field of flowers! That's something!" He started, "um I remember...going to L'Manberg!" He replied. The woman waited to see if he would say anything else. "I remember meeting Tubbo—I mean Mr. President,  Tommy, Ranboo, um Quackity, and that's it" he replied, finishing his answer.*

     She sighed, thinking about how losing your memory might feel. She didn't want to find out anytime soon. (Y/N) soon saw the beach come into view, slowing down her boat. Halting to a stop, she carefully stepped out, broke the boat, and carried it with her as she walked back to the Dream Team base.

     *"Ghostbur, what was it like on the other side? Do you remember it?" She had asked, trying to understand what he went through when he died. The ghost just put a finger to his chin in thought.
     "Well, I actually don't remember! The first thing I remember was waking up in the flower field" he said, frowning. "I'm sorry I can't remember!" He apologized, turning towards (Y/N) completely. "Oh, it's alright. I was just curious. I mean, anyone would ask those questions, right?" She asked.*

     She knocked on the door, seeing if anyone was there. No one answered after a few minutes, so she unlocked it and entered. Setting down her satchel on the couch, she waltzed into the kitchen and looked for something to eat. In the fridge, she saw some leftover stew and took it out. She began warming up the stove as she sat at the dining room table in thought.

     *"Yeah, probably!" Ghostbur assured, his smile coming back to his face. His hands were in his lap and he looked so innocent and...normal.
     "I'm sorry for asking rude questions" she apologized flatly. The ghost just pushed it away, nonchalantly. "It's not rude to ask if you remember something! At least, not to me!" He said. "Thank you for your answers" she thanked. Ghostbur just nodded and smiled. "I'm glad I can somewhat help!" He replied. "I'll leave you alone now. I'm headed back to the SMP if you want to come with" she offered. The ghost shook his head and followed her to the beach.*

     The sound of footsteps broke her out of her trace as she turned to see what it was. George had started walking down the stairs and noticed the woman sitting down. "Hey, (Y/N)! You're home late" he said, walking over to the stove, noticing there was no food over the flame. He took note of this and looked over at the woman. "Is everything alright? You're looking troubled" asked, concern evident in his voice.
     "Yeah, I'm alright" she replied, finally looking into his eyes. "Just...a long day I guess" she said. George kept looking at her a few seconds longer before he put the food onto the stove. "This is how you cook food, (Y/N)" the Brit joked. The woman lightly chuckled and thanked the man. "If you need a break, just let us know. We're just relaxing from the stress of the wars and election. Nothing is happening right now, so go rest if you need to" he told her, setting a hand on her shoulder. She hesitated, but nodded.
     George looked at her a moment longer before he walked back upstairs after grabbing a yellow apple. "Gogy, that's a yellow apple" she called out, smiling. It took a moment before he walked back in, switching the yellow apple for an actual green apple. (Y/N), laughed a little as the man lightly poked her forehead before he went upstairs once more.
     She grabbed a bowl of the stew and waited for a small portion to cook. About 20 minutes later and she prepared a serving for herself before sitting down at the dining room table by herself as she had some time to herself to calm down. The woman ate her stew quietly, daydreaming about a vacation from this mess. Afterwards, she hummed a quiet song as she headed upstairs, walking into her room and went to sleep.