Chapter 52: The Fight for New L'Manberg (Part 2)

Tommy and Tubbo come out of the walls of New L'Manberg and see Techno. (Y/N) watches from the top of the protective walls. She notices the boys' fright of the pig man being early. "There's no time. I've waited and grown impatient. This needs to end" he said. "There weren't any rules about time-" "YOU SAID AT DAWN!!" Tommy screamed. "Yeah, but plans change" Techno added. Tommy was at a loss for words as he looked at Tubbo. He just shrugged. Tubbo went inside the walls as Tommy put on his armor.
Tubbo told everyone to get ready to fight. Everyone got golden apples, golden carrots, and armor and weapons. (Y/N) had to explain that her potions were stolen", so they only had the ones Tubbo had. Two strength, an invisibility, and four instant health potions. They had to savor those as much as they could. Everyone gathered outside the walls, a bit behind Tommy. (Y/N) stayed in the walls, but watched everyone else have a stare down. Suddenly, a strange but familiar sound could be heard as well as a firework. (Y/N) looked over to see Philza who shot the firework and had created withers.
Everyone began attacking, (Y/N) deciding to fight the withers with Fundy, Bad, and AntFrost. They managed to kill one before Philza had come over. (Y/N) stood face to face with the man, his crow wings expanded out, one of them damaged from the explosion that Wilbur caused so long ago. He just stood there, holding a sword, but she felt as if he wasn't going to fight back. She motioned for Fundy and Ant to fight the withers heading towards New L'Manberg while Bad stayed.
The two of them stood and stared at the man. "So, you're fighting with Techno and Dream?" (Y/N) asked. The man smiled a little. "Yeah, I am. I'm not getting involved with fighting people, however" he stated. "Why are you against them?" She asked. The man's smile fell slightly. "I'm not a fan of government" he answered. "Neither am I, but I'm fighting with people, not sides" she said. The man gave her a soft smile. "You sound like Ranboo. Are you a friend of his?" He asked. "I've spoken to him before" she answered. "I see. You two have similar thoughts. Similar beliefs. Nothing wrong with that, but why do you fight with Tommy? He caused so much chaos?" He asked. She frowned. "I believe he's done plenty of wrong. Many of the problems have had something to do with him. I'm not a fan of working with him. With all honesty, I'm not sure why I fight with the people who favor government when I myself am an anarchist. I don't want to fight on the same side as Dream. He abandoned Sapnap, George, and I. He didn't tell us why he disappeared or why he never talked to us anymore" she said. Phil just nodded. "He's a man of his own will. I don't understand him much either, but he is a friend of Techno's so I helped with this" he said.
Bad just stayed a few feet behind her just in case something happened. She looked back at him and he nodded as if saying he was going to stay with her. "Well, I don't want to fight you. I'm not sure where I stand with Techno anymore. I met him a while ago and we have some similar interests. We hadn't talked much, but we had mutual respect for each other" she said. "He's mentioned you before. He says you mean well and he doesn't mind you at all" he admitted. (Y/N) smiled a little.
Suddenly, explosions started going off behind them, Bad and (Y/N) turned to see the grid dropping tons of TNT onto the land. They ran towards the commotion, leaving Phil to watch.
The two arrived to see Jack Manifold on the ground, holding his arm, Tommy and Tubbo fighting together against Techno, everyone else was getting out of the way and fighting the withers away from the explosives. Bad went to help Ant with one of the withers. (Y/N) looked around and noticed a path leading to the top of the grid. She was about to go up, but noticed Sapnap fighting off a few dogs left over. She looked up and went to help the arsonist. Killing the last 14 dogs, they watched the explosions continue. They reached as far down as bedrock, the houses destroyed and the land completely gone. This was much worse than any of the past events. This was the end. Everyone killed off the rest of the withers except for one, even Techno killed a few saying "they're getting annoying now."
The land was gone, explosions reaching a little past L'Manberg's houses in the back. The explosions finally ended, everyone distraught. They couldn't save L'Manberg. Everyone managed to be alive, but man severely hurt. This was L'Manberg's last life. There was just silence now. Sapnap almost fell down, but (Y/N) pulled his arm around her neck to hold him up, noticing a bite mark on his leg. Suddenly, singing could be heard. Tommy began singing the National anthem that Wilbur created. Tubbo chimes in as well. One last time. "I heard there was a special place... where men could go and emancipate..." the boys sang. "The brutality...and the tyranny of their rulers..." tears pricked their eyes. Eret began singing as well, so did Fundy for a minute. "This place was real you needn't fret... with Wilbur, Tommy, Tubbo fuck Eret..." Eret and Fundy stopped singing after that, hands on each other's shoulders. They continued singing, almost falling to their knees, but held up.
The end of the song brought the two of them to tears. (Y/N) turned to look at Sapnap, but noticed the L'Mantree was gone. "Tommy...?" She said. The said man turned and noticed as well. "What happened to the..." he couldn't finish his sentence. Suddenly, a voice spoke out. "I burned the L'Mantree", the voice coming from Niki who stood on the stairs leading up the hill to Tommy's house. Everyone was shocked. She muttered something that Sapnap and (Y/N) could hear. "It was never meant to be" she said while saluting.

Just like Eret at his betrayal.
Just like Wilbur at his explosion of L'Manberg.