Chapter 18: The Election (Part 2): The Results

After a few days of waiting for votes to come in, it was about time for the results. (Y/N) had made an announcement that she was going to be neutral between the parties and not favor one. She actually didn't vote, considering the fact that she didn't care for politics.
     The woman began counting the votes and tallying them up for each party. Coconut2020, POG2020, Schlatt2020, and SWAG2020. She didn't expect much from this.
     She heard a window open, causing the woman to look up from her desk, covering her notes with blank paper so the intruder didn't see the results. She turned her head slowly to see a familiar figure. "Hey (Y/N), it's just me" he whispered, looking around just in case anyone else was there. "Sapnap, what are you doing here?! You could get caught of someone visits!" She yelled quietly, feeling somewhat relieved. "That's why I snuck in. I didn't really think you would have guests at this time of night" the man said.
"You're not wrong. I'm just tallying up the votes, so I wouldn't have anyone cheating or knowing too early."
"Makes sense. I just wanted to see you. Check in, hang out for a little while maybe" he said, sitting down in a chair at the other side of the room. "You shouldn't stay too long, once I'm done with the results, I'm sleeping" she said. "Oh, well I can leave if you want" he said, starting to walk towards the window he came in from. "You can stay for a little bit. Just don't fall asleep, just in case someone barges in" she said with a light laugh. That caused his face to turn red.
The two of them shared some laughs and the man told the woman of some stories that happened between him, Dream, and George. A few included Punz.

———

The next day, everyone was back at the stage, the audience waiting patiently and talking among themselves. (Y/N) waited behind the curtain, holding the envelope with the results inside. She didn't care at first, but now she just wanted it to be over. She wanted nothing to do with it. The curtains suddenly opened, revealing the woman, dressed in her L'Manbergian uniform as usual. She walked up to the microphone, setting the envelope on the podium.
"Good morning everyone! Thank you all for coming to the election results. I want everyone to know that no matter the result, we all will live happy lives and treat others properly. We have had some wars," she looked at Dream sitting in the very back of the audience with Sapnap and Punz, "but we have fought hard and it's finally over" she ended, taking a breath and swallowing down her somewhat fake nerves.
"We have four separate parties running in this election. These four have given their speeches and have voiced their plans if they were elected." She spoke, looking out to the crowd with seriousness.

"We have SWAG2020, consisting of Quackity and his right hand man GeorgeNotFound, "she motioned towards the two men as they waved and shared a high-five and huge grins on their faces.
"Coconut2020, consisting of Fundy and his right hand woman Nihachu," she motioned towards them as Niki and Fundy gave big smiles towards the audience and cute bows.
"Schlatt2020, consisting of JSchlatt by himself," she motioned towards the ram, his arms crossed with a smirk on his face.
"And finally, POG2020, consisting of Wilbur Soot and his right hand man TommyInnit" she said, motioning towards the man with a serious face and the boy with a huge grin.

"These people have strong wishes and determination to earn the title of president" she said. She swallowed hard, a drop of sweat slowly running down her face. "In this envelope, I hold the results. The percentage of votes that each party has received. I have personally counted and tallied up the votes and triple and quadruple checked the results. No other eyes have seen the results. Only my own" she states. She didn't know how to continue, but she did anyway. "I will open the envelope and list off the results by least to most. Please save the applause and cheers until after the results are revealed" she said, taking a deep breath for suspense.
She opened the envelope and pulled out the card. She looked over her writing to make sure she doesn't mess anything up. She glanced over the audience for a moment before beginning to read the results.

     "In last place, with 9% of the votes, we have...Coconut2020!" She said, causing Fundy and Niki to dance around, even if they got last and didn't win.

     "With 16% of the votes, we have...Schlatt2020!" Schlatt just smirked and crossed his arms.

     "With 30% of the votes, and in second place, we have...SWAG2020, which means POG2020 is the-" she was cut off by Quackity handing her a note, which she took.

     Everyone was confused as to why she stopped talking and why Quackity is acting weird. She read over the note and tried not to show any emotion, but her eyes widened a bit. She looked over at the man to confirm and he slowly nodded. She turned back to the front and silently read the note a few more times. She cleared her throat and swallowed the lump in her throat. Tommy was still shouting and jumping around Wilbur saying that they won, but Wilbur tried to shut the boy's mouth. Tommy soon realized something was happening and looked at the woman's back, trying to control his excitement and joy.
     "I have received word of something very important. Last night, something unexpected happened. Quackity had made a deal with JSchlatt that no matter what happens, Quackity would give his votes over to Schlatt2020" she stated. Everyone grew shocked, while Quackity and Schlatt smirked.
     "The results will be calculated in a minute" (Y/N) said, taking a step away from the podium to a small table away from the other candidates. She did the math and updated the result card. She sighed. She walked back over to the podium a minute later.
     "SWAG2020 giving their votes means they are now part of Schlatt2020. With the updated tally, POG2020 has 45% of the votes, whereas Schlatt2020 now has 46% of the votes. This means that Schlatt2020 is the winner of the election. JSchlatt is now the president of L'Manberg with Quackity as his vice. Mr. President JSchlatt, you may come up to the mic and give your first decree for the country" (Y/N) said, stepping aside for the man to take his spot. Wilbur and Tommy were speechless as well as everyone else. Wilbur stepped off the podium with the other candidates, Tommy standing in shock. Schlatt told him to get off the stage, making Tommy move.
     "Well...that was easy" the new president said with a laugh. (Y/N) stayed on stage to one side, doing her job. The president went on with a speech that wasn't all that bad. It was a little awkward, but he made his point known.
     "My first decree as the president of L'Manberg- THE EMPEROR!!" He shouted, causing some people to flinch, including the woman on the stage. "Is to revoke the citizenship of Wilbur Soot and TommyInnit!!" He shouted, pointing towards the two standing up from their chairs. "GET THEM OUT OF MY COUNTRY!!" He shouted louder. Niki shouted out in horror as the audience started to push the two back and away from the country. Tommy and Wilbur began to run away, out of the walls of their old home, Wilbur getting shot on the way out.
     "Now that they're out of the picture, Tubbo! Why don't you come up to the stage" Schlatt said into the mic. The boy hesitated and started shaking, but began walking up the stairs and onto the stage beside the goat man. "I want you to bring me Tommy" he said quietly, but menacingly. Tubbo started walking off the stage and out of the walls, calling his friend's name. Schlatt just smirked and looked out to the audience. He also said that the country would be called 'Manberg', since "we don't take L's" as he said. He let the woman back at the podium so she could dismiss everyone. She walked over and took a breath.
     "This concludes the first ever presidential election of L'Manberg. Thank you all for coming and we hope you have a good rest of your day. Thank you" she finished, watching everyone walk away, Niki and Eret hugging sadly as they walked.
     Fundy was ecstatic, (Y/N) knew it was because he hadn't liked his father. Now he didn't have to listen to Wilbur's nicknames and orders or even look at him. (Y/N) just watched the new president walk off the stage and call over some people for a task. (Y/N) overheard him tell people to tear down the wall around the country. She was forced to participate, so she grabbed her pickaxe from her house and began mining away the walls of the country once named 'L'Manberg'.